Salary description: $85,000 - $95,000 + super and bonus
An exceptional trading support position has become available in direct support of an Equity Options trading team.
This position would suit a trade support or middle office professional who has previous experience with a global investment bank or broker and seeking to support a high-performing team of traders.
Equity options knowledge required!
The ideal applicant would have previous experience for a few years within equity options in a direct trade support, or trade execution capacity
Our client is keen for applicants who have a solid trade support experience with direct trade booking and P&L support for the traders, and strong options product knowledge for this role will be important.
This position will support one of the Aussie market Options trading desks based in Sydney In addition, the Trader Assistant will often be required to support other trading desks during if other trading teams need desk coverage.
The team is responsible for close liaison with other trading teams as well as interaction with domestic and offshore divisions to facilitate timely and accurate settlement, reconciliations with the ASX/SFE, plus accurate books and balances and trade booking functions.
• Work with traders, operations and external Prime Brokers to ensure trading system parity
• Co-ordinate and facilitate resolution of trade discrepancies (liaison with desk, IT)
• Complete Equity and Derivative trade bookings
• Work with program desk on setting up / facilitating domestic and international trading details, including liaison with offshore offices
• Australian equity product set up
• Become involved in projects / strategic work as required
• Remain flexible in regard to products dealt with
• Liaise with local and global IT teams to ensure that trades flow through systems correctly
• Collate monthly management reporting data
We are looking for high calibre people who possess the following competencies:
• Around 3+ years experience in a middle office / trade support capacity at a global investment bank in Asia Pac focused on Equity options trading support
• 2 years experience working with sales/traders
• Ideally some corporate actions knowledge
• Good understanding of Equity Options
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills