Junior Operations Analyst – Derivatives Broker
Our client in an award winning CFD, Equities and FX broker with a great culture and impressive track record.
They are seeking a junior candidate with 6 months minimum or more experience in financial markets operations to join their team.
Working in fantastic offices in the Circular Quay end of the CBD, you’ll be provided great on the job training and support to learn your role and career advancement opportunities longer term in a supportive collegiate environment
Specific Duties of the Role
Back Office Maintenance
- Setting up new accounts
- Setting up new Stocks
- Maintenance of Static Data
- Maintenance and posting of Client Cash and adhoc journals
- Corporate Actions maintenance
- Dividend management
Company Required Daily Reconciliations
- Daily Client reconciliations (multi currency and multi platform)
- Daily Prime Broking (PB) reconciliations (cash and positions)
- Managing daily margin requirements with PB
- Bank and IB Bank Reconciliations
- All required filing and maintenance of files for audit and accounting purposes
- Ensuring signoff and follow up of queries with Finance and Management
- Review and follow up of all end of day trade reconciliations
- Review and follow up of all end of day price reconciliations
- Review and follow up of all end of day order reconciliations
- Full check of all Equities Holdings, FX and Futures positions
- Ensuring filing is up to date, well ordered and easily accessible
- Responding to client queries and providing them with any responses re statements and account integrity
- Assisting with general office administrative duties as directed
- You are commercially and financially astute, with some (6 months or more ) knowledge and exposure to equities and derivatives markets.
- You are a motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, innovative and challenging environment.
- The key to your success is your strong communication skills and ability to build strong and credible relationships across a wide audience.
- You utilise your ability to interpret and analyse financial information when engaging and influencing key stakeholders.
- Ideally, you are Degree qualified in Accounting, Economics or finance with Medium to Advanced Excel Skills, however, experience will not be overlooked.