Cor Cordis is one of Australia's largest and most trusted business advisory firms providing innovative Advisory, Restructuring & Turnaround and Insolvency solutions nationally through our offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Brisbane.
We are looking for graduate accountants to join our Sydney team in June/July 2020 or end of 2020/ early 2021.
Cor Cordis has a dynamic advisory team to identify and implement solutions to resolve strategic and financial challenges. We apply collaborative and innovative techniques when navigating businesses through uncertain times and take a tailored approach to improving the performance of all our clients.
As a graduate at our firm, you will work in a challenging and interesting work environment, working closely with clients and stakeholders on a range of appointments including:
- The administration, receivership or liquidation of a nationally known company, such as Fletcher Jones or Rhodes and Beckett
- The bankruptcy of a high profile individual
- A trading Administration overseeing trading activities, dealing with creditors and customers, instructing valuers, real estate agents or other consultants
- Fielding calls from interested parties in relation to the sale of a business, property or other assets
- Conducting investigations, compiling evidence and reports to support litigation in matters of financial fraud, breach of fiduciary duties, insolvent trading or other breaches of the Corporations Act 2001 or Bankruptcy Act 1966
- Adjudicating on creditor claims and processing the payments of dividends to employees and other qualifying creditors.
Cor Cordis has a strong focus on personal development and ongoing training and support from experienced Partners and Senior Staff. We provide:
- Full support for CA or CPA study
- Regular external and internal training
- Extensive on the job training
- Opportunities to develop commercial and negotiation skills
- Experience in a number of different industries and across a wide breadth of businesses and individuals
- Friendly and down to earth work environment with a team of professionals from diverse backgrounds and career experience
- Strong prospects for internal progression.
We offer competitive salaries and working conditions and at Cor Cordis you will experience a level of direct client exposure which graduates at many larger firms do not. We pride ourselves on our relaxed, culturally diverse and family-friendly environment.
What we are looking for:
- Accounting, Commerce or Business majors with preference for candidates who immediately satisfy the prerequisites for entry into the CA program
- Communication skills, including strong written English
- Teamwork skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Desire to complete the CA or CPA qualification
We welcome applications from Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents. Please visit our website for information on our application process. Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday 27 March 2020.