18 million. That’s the number of people that die from Cardiovascular disease in the world every year. As part of Novartis’ Cardio Metabolic team, this is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference in more people’s lives.
As the Medical Advisor, you will be providing medical and scientific expertise to the Cardio Metabolic therapeutic area, overseeing the launch of a novel lipid-lowering compound. You will design and implement the medical strategy for launch, and help shape the franchise strategy by providing brand insights and scientific results. You will guide the execution of MSL pre-launch activities, and provide key input to the government affairs and access teams for innovative ways to ensure access to this novel therapy. You’ll act as a therapeutic area leader by mentoring and driving a culture of collaboration internally and with the scientific community.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Prepare and execute the integrated product strategy plans in collaboration with other functions.
• Initiate and publish local Novartis sponsored studies in the CPO to generate relevant scientific data that addresses local needs and data gaps that will provide real world evidence for the Franchise.
• Ensure key information about clinical insight needs of country medical experts and customers is provided to internal partners, including marketing and clinical development teams.
• Provide medical expertise to marketing colleagues in integrated brand team (IBT) from the early development phase throughout the life of the product by:
o Identifying the optimum positioning of the product in the therapeutic area
o Forming and delivering medical advisory bodies in therapeutic area as required
o Identifying the potential experts for partnership in critical projects
o Championing digital medicine initiatives
o Assisting in the continued development of appropriate promotional material
o Associate training where required
o Forms, organises and delivers medical advisory bodies in therapeutic area as required.
• Recommend and suggest innovative tools to support patient understanding /proper usage of products.
• Interface with the medical community both for local purposes and in support of insights and international projects.
• Review & prioritise study protocols in consultation with ICRO with respect to local strategy, scientific merit and ICRO resources. Advise ICRO manager on study sites and investigators and initiate first contact with potential investigators in collaboration with CRMAs, MSLs and Clinical Operations.
• Assist in the preparation of Institutional Ethics Committee submissions, including adaptation of international patient information sheets and consent forms to suit local requirements.
• Provide input to clinical development plans, PDT’s, pipeline, IMB proposals, protocol summaries and protocols received from global/region.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• MD degree or PhD will be highly regarded
• Minimum 2+ years of Medical Affairs experience. Therapy area experience would be helpful but is not essential. Launch experience is highly regarded
• Excellent stakeholder management skills both internally within the business and externally along with outstanding presentation skills
• Excellent planning and organization skills with a positive, self-motivated approach
• High proficiency in problem solving and strong scientific analytical skills
• Ability to maintain the highest degree of integrity, represent the company’s high ethics, moral behavior, and professionalism
• Although we would ideally like this role to be in NSW, to work closely with our Head Office team, if you are based in another location in Australia and you meet the above criteria, we encourage you to also apply!
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status or disability.