Female Personal Support Workers - Margate, North Lakes And Rothwell
Spinal Life Australia is a not-for-profit organisation passionate in our commitment to rebuilding lives, promoting and celebrating independence, and preventing spinal injuries. Our Personal Support & Home Care Services team support people across Queensland with spinal cord injury and other physical disabilities so that they can live the life they choose.
We are looking for FEMALE Support Workers to join our team and provide support to clients with a physical disability in Margate, North Lakes, Rothwell and the surrounding areas.
A career as a Support Worker means:
Our clients are decision makers who plan and organise their own lives and make their own choices. Your role is to provide the support our clients need and choose so they can live the life that they want to.
Working closely with a client in their own home you'll assist with a wide range of quite personal daily activities such as:
- Transferring in and out of bed, chairs and providing other mobility assistance
- Grooming, shaving, applying make-up and doing hair
- Toileting (including changing catheter bags and supporting bowel care)
- Community access
- Housework, meal preparation and other light domestic assistance
We do things differently at Spinal Life. You'll be part of a person's ongoing support team, which means you'll get to build long-term professional relationships with your clients and your teammates.
Our successful Support Workers are:
You'll also need to:
- Emotionally aware, resilient and responsive to the changing support needs of our clients
- Sensitive and adaptable to clients' different personalities, cultural backgrounds and family/house dynamics
- Genuine, reliable workers with inherent integrity and respect for individual choice and client confidentiality
Apply now and you'll enjoy all the benefits of working with Spinal Life Australia, including
- Be available to work from 6am in the morning, evenings until 10pm and some weekends
- Be able to apply for a Positive Notice 'Yellow Card' and Working with Children 'Blue Card'
- Have a current driver licence
- Complete NDIS Worker Orientation Module (Certificate given on Completion!)
- Be capable of doing a physically demanding role - you'll be lifting, bending, carrying, crouching, driving and working in restricted spaces such as shower stalls, bathrooms, and other parts of clients' homes.
- Comprehensive training and induction
- Ongoing training and development - we say it because we actually do it!
- Internal career progression opportunities
- Salary packaging arrangements that can increase your take-home pay
- Penalty rates for weekends, nights and public holidays that make a real difference in your pay packet
- Regular team meetings and celebrations of success - you're part of a big team where your contribution is really valued
- The opportunity to really make a difference - in your team, in your organisation and in your clients' lives.
'This position has been identified to be filled by a female and is arguable under section 25 and 26 of the Queensland Anti-discrimination Act 1991'
Visit our website www.spinal.com.au for more information about what we do, our clients, and our staff.
- Comprehensive training & induction provided + regular skills upgrades
- Regular shifts: flexibility of casual work with the security of regular hours
- Grow your career & develop long-term professional relationships