Cloud Platform Operations Engineer
Why work for Brennan? We are a national company with a reputation for delivering technical excellence and high quality service to our customers. It's why we have been ranked as Australia's No. 1 Managed Services Provider for past 10 years in a row.
We value our people as they are the cornerstone of our business success and are the reason we have an excellent reputation with our large and diverse customer base.
Brennan IT offers awesome benefits including:
- An awesome team of people to work with
- Online learning and industry certification courses
- Access to the latest and greatest technology
- Personal and Career development opportunities
- Active Social club
- Discounted IT product purchases for staff
- High levels of reward and recognition for over achieving
- A company that genuinely cares about YOU
The Cloud Engineer will provide technical operational, design and capacity management functions to a large enterprise client’s own virtualised server storage environment.
This role will be one of four Cloud engineers dedicated to this client however it will report into the overall Cloud Services Manager and be part of the broader Cloud Services team that also manages our multi-tenant platforms and products
Your responsibilities will include:
What experience you will bring to the team:
- Use standard vendor toolsets to monitor and maintain enterprise Cloud virtualised environment
- Act on tickets raised by monitoring platform, client system admins and internal staff
- Capacity manage the server and storage environment to meet demand
- Update configuration documents online as upgrade changes are designed and implemented
- Occasionally work as a technical resource to plan, design and implement changes as part of a broader infrastructure change/upgrade project
- 6+ years IT infrastructure experience, with at least 3 years working with Virtualisation, Server and Storage
- Excellent knowledge of VMware’s ESXi Hypervisor
- Excellent understanding of Cloud Networking
- Strong compute and storage experience (Pure Storage, EMC Isilon & HPE Cohesity)
- General Microsoft Windows Server remote administration knowledge
- Extremely high-level attention to detail with methodical troubleshooting process
- Autonomous time management skills and ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Industry-based certification including VCP 6.5, Storage Certifications, ITIL Foundation v3 or v4
The successful candidate would be previously experienced in operating virtualisation, server hardware and storage within an organisation internal IT team or within a multi-tenant service provider team.