AU- WHS Advisor
Purpose of Position:
This role is role designed to advance, support and develop Crawford & Company (Australia)’s established Workplace Health & Safety Management System (WHSMS) across the Australian enterprise. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing, updating existing material as well as identifying systematic opportunities for improvement to the WHSMS this includes incident reporting and non conformances, assisting with identifying corrective and preventive actions and coordinate associated action plans. The successful candidate will also provide advice and support to various departments on WHS and Regulatory issues. Other projects within position scope as needed and or directed and any other tasks as assigned from time to time.
Lead and develop WHS initiatives and coordinate WHS related activities across the Australia business.
Develop, recommend and implement continuous improvements to the WHSMS program in alignment with the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Advise heads of departments about responsibilities under the Act and the overall state of WHS at the workplace including monthly reporting on the status of the WHS program.
- Develop in alignment with existing material, relevant WHS training and guidance in collaboration with the Learning & Development coordinator.
- Collaborate with the Health & Safety Committee to identify hazards and unsafe working conditions/practices are identified, reported, and are being acted on. Monitor corrective activities to ensure risks are managed in accordance with the organizations risk appetite.
- Work with Human Resources to appropriate develop and document processes and procedures around Return to Work.
- Review policies and procedures applied locally to ensure they meet corporate requirements. Work with department managers to manage variations and requirements.
Diploma or above of Workplace Health & Safety (Essential)
Return to Work Coordinator Certificate (Desired)
Personal Attributes Required:
Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly.
Ability to form strong internal business relationships with demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment is crucial; as well as having excellent oral and written communication skills and create an atmosphere of cooperation.
- Enhance the Crawford vision and values by role modelling leadership behaviours.