The Principal Policy Officer will develop and provide policy advice, lead policy projects and utilise data and performance information to achieve Queensland Court Service’s objectives in relation to the Courts Innovation Program. The Principal Policy Officer reports to the Manager, Policy and Program, Courts Innovation Program.
PH No: (07) 3738 7***
Access the National Relay Service
• Through the Managers of the Policy and Programs team, provide timely advice to DJAG senior executives and the Minister, and lead whole of government reporting relating to Courts Innovation Program.
• Identify, research, develop and analyse complex policy issues and develop evidence-based policy solutions.
• Provide high level advice on relevant policy, legislation and programs, including the preparation of reports, briefings and ministerial correspondence.
• Inform best practice policy and program development in relation to justice, with a focus on responding to the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
• Plan, implement, and manage policy projects.
• Liaise and consult with government and non-government organisations about policy and legislation.
• Represent the Courts Innovation Program, Queensland Court Services or the Department of Justice and Attorney-General in forums including inter-departmental and inter-governmental meetings, as directed by the Director.
• Undertake other tasks as directed by the Manager, Policy and Programs and Directors within the Courts Innovation Program.
• Support, contribute and cultivate cultural capability within the operations of programs established under Courts Innovation Program to assist vulnerable people coming into contact with the justice system.
Applications to remain current for 12 months