Two permanent opportunities exists for an experienced, pragmatic Enterprise Architect to join the Enterprise Architecture team. The Education Department is on a digital transformation journey with the Enterprise Architecture team leading the way. The position reports to the Manager, Enterprise Architecture within the Portfolio and Architecture team.
(07) 3034 5***
Access the National Relay Service
As a member of the core Enterprise Architecture team you will support all ICT enabled projects and set the standards for enterprise architecture within the department.
You will also be responsible for contributing to the enterprise architecture practice maturity, supporting project based Enterprise Architects, delivery of architectural services and providing advice to projects, business units and senior management. You will represent the departments Enterprise Architecture interests with internal and external partners and service providers.
As the Principal Enterprise Architect you will have responsibility for the following:
- Work closely with key stakeholders from across government, as well as technical architects, solutions architects, and security architects.
- Provide advice, direction and recommendations on all aspects of whole of government enterprise architecture, departmental strategy and governance.
- Investigate and develop innovative methods to exploit ICT assets to the benefit of business outcomes.(SFIA, Level 6 - INOV)
- In collaboration with the department's Technical and Solution Architects, assist in the development and maintenance of the roadmap for the Department's corporate and line of business systems portfolio, including the ICT Resources Strategic Plan.(SFIA, Level 5 - ARCH)
- In collaboration with the department's Technical and Solution Architects, assist in the development of architectural requirements for the department's corporate systems, and support projects and other activities by providing architecture advice.(SFIA, Level 5 - ARCH)
- Assist internal ICT planning activities, in compliance with whole of government endorsed frameworks, strategies, standards and methodologies.
- Establish and improve relationships with staff and senior officers in the department to communicate, support, and advance the whole of government enterprise architecture.(SFIA, Level 5 - CNSL)
Contact Name: Stephen Rex, Manager, Enterprise Architecture (07) 3034 5***
Closing Date: Tuesday, 19 May 2020
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. #LI-PRIORITY