Tamworth High School is an inclusive centre of innovation, creativity and excellence. Tamworth High School is a comprehensive co-educational high school of approximately 730 students (31% Indigenous), located in a large regional city, serving students from schools in south and west Tamworth, and the outlying rural communities. It provides quality education for students from a large cross-section of the community, including children from urban and rural environments, and from a wide range of socio-economic backgrounds. The school has developed a very successful Partner School Program that supports collaboration with local public schools to strengthen transition and professional learning programs.
Tamworth High School prides itself on providing a diverse range of educational opportunities for individual student success. The school is widely recognised as Tamworth’s Leading Creative and Performing Arts High School delivering a dynamic curriculum in a responsive, caring and flexible learning environment. A mix of experienced staff and enthusiastic early career teachers develops positive relationships with our student and parent body. The Parents and Citizens Association is actively committed to continued improvements via financial support and in an advisory capacity. Find out more on the school website, at http://www.tamworth-h.schools.nsw.edu.au
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria:
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the
at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.
The Eligibility Requirements for Head Teacher Positions in NSW Government Schools are located at https://www.det.nsw.edu.au/policies/employment/recruit/head_teach/Eligibility2004.doc
Applicants are to include details of their WWCC clearance number as part of this application.