What’s your ambition? We’d like to know, because we make your ambitions our business.
Within the Australian market the JLL Project & Development Services team provide development management, project planning, feasibility, procurement, design and construction management services to a premium client base across the commercial, retail, hotel, government, Defence and industrial property sectors.
Manage construction of large refurbishment and fitout projects or multiple smaller projects. Take responsibility for all site based activities throughout the construction and defect phases of the project including the management of safety, environmental, programme, quality, materials handling and overall site coordination activities.
- Site Safety in accordance with Jones Lang LaSalle’s accredited (AS 4801) Safety System and legislative requirements.
- Environmental Management in accordance with Jones Lang LaSalle’s systems and legislative requirements.
- Meeting programmed dates for all Construction and Defect rectification stages of the project.
- Quality of the final product produced by trade contractors.
- Manage the coordination of all site activities including materials handling, trade contractors and suppliers.
- Industrial Relations harmony.
- Assist project team in analysing buildability issues in respect of design development.
Key Result Areas
- Be the key driver of Safety on site and manage compliance with Occupational Health & Safety legislation, codes of practice and site specific requirements.
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of project Site Safety Plan.
- Ensure site activities are carried out and records kept in accordance with Site Safety Plan and AS 4801 requirements.
- Manage Site Inductions, SWMS review, Tool Box Talks and overall safety consultation.
- Manage compliance with Jones Lang LaSalle Environmental Management systems.
- Assist the Project Manager to complete project within overall budget.
- Assist in the review of progress claims from trade contractors in respect of percentage complete.
- Prepare a detailed construction phase program, monitor its progress and take corrective action as required to achieve milestone dates.
- Prepare and/or review trade contractors and suppliers Scope of Works.
- Assist project team in the review of trade contractor variations.
- Manage and supervise all sub contractors and suppliers.
- Liaise in a professional manner with all key stakeholders including client.
- Effectively solve site design problems.
- Manage and supervise any dedicated site labour.
- Maintain accurate and timely records such as timesheets, site diaries and safety forms.
- Carry out weekly construction site meetings as required.
- Manage Industrial Relations on site and engage with Unions and Union representatives in a professional manner.
- Develop relationships with other business lines within Jones Lang LaSalle and gain an understanding of their functions.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Detailed understanding of all Environmental Health and Safety Legislation and be confident in meeting obligations expected of a Site Manager.
- Be able to critically review project drawings for buildability of the documented design.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office software programmes including Outlook, Excel, Word and Sharepoint.
- Ability to produce a detailed construction program using Microsoft Project.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all members of a project team.
- Have a detailed understanding of Industrial Relations obligations and rights as they relate to construction sites.
- Ability to coordinate and manage a site workforce in excess of 100 workers.
- Trade qualification in building related discipline and at least 8 years experience or a combination of formal education and at least 12 years experience in related field.
Note The Salary for this role is $100k Including super
What you can expect from us:
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
Want to apply?
Apply now on our Careers website, quoting the reference REQ106583
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders applications and enquiries.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at ***************@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.