Grade: Clerk 5/6
Closing Date: 9:59am Wednesday 13 May 2020
Why Department of Customer Service
The Department of Customer Service (DCS) was established after the March 2019 election. We are a central agency of government, comprised of agencies and business units that deliver regulatory and other services to the people of NSW and across the NSW Government. We are committed to championing the interests and perspectives of NSW citizens to deliver better customer service outcomes.
Take a look at the DCS website at https://www.customerservice.nsw.gov.au/ to learn more about us.
About the team
The Digital & Program Delivery team builds digital solutions to support Better Regulation Division’s services and regulatory programs. We also support a number of systems essential to the work that the division does. The team works in a fast-paced environment across many different technologies to deliver solutions in collaboration with colleagues across the Department of Customer Service.
We have a great opportunity for an Administrative Officer to join us and be responsible for the delivery of a range of high-level administrative services to support the efficient and effective operation of the team.
You will provide a broad range of high-level administrative services and functions which will include:
• Provide a range of administrative and support services to meet the business needs of the team/unit
• Respond to and resolve complex enquiries and issues to ensure the provision of accurate information
• Coordinate and manage records and databases, complying with administrative systems, processes and policies, to ensure that all information is accurate, stored correctly and accessible
• Develop, implement and monitor office systems, procedures and methods, adapting processes and techniques as required, to facilitate efficient team/unit operations in line with agency standards, policies and procedures
• Maintain and update administrative practices, systems and procedures to improve efficiency and
To be successful in this role, the successful applicant will:
• Have demonstrated previous experience in a similar role
• Have a can-do attitude and ability to work in a fast paced environment dealing with challenging and conflicting deadlines
• Have a strong eye for detail with a focus on quality output
• Delivering quality administrative services and negotiating workable timeframes, given competing client demands and priorities, the need to address unforeseen issues, the high volume of work and the need to work independently.
• Keeping up to date with relevant legislation, policies and procedures in order to provide accurate information on a range of enquiries relevant to the functions of the team/business unit.
If you have any further questions, please contact Mini Menon on 0458 276 ***.
How to Apply!
Your application must include a covering letter and an up-to-date resume that details your knowledge, skills and experience in relation to the above role, demonstrating your capability against the focus capabilities of the role.
Please submit your CV (5 page maximum) with a maximum two page cover letter outlining how your experience meets the focus capabilities of the role.
Click Here to access the Role Description. For enquiries relating to recruitment please contact Alison Daniels via **************@customerservice.nsw.gov.au.
The Department of Customer Service is proud to be an EEO Employer who are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of all identities making us different and a true reflection of our NSW customers. As an inclusive workplace, we support various employee resource groups, practice flexible work and workplace adjustment.
If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.