AusSRC System Research Engineer
- Are you ready for your next challenge?
- Use your expertise in distributed storage & parallel processing systems
- Work alongside world-class researchers!
The System Research Engineer will be working as part of collaboration between CSIRO, UWA, Curtin University and Pawsey Supercomputing Centre to develop a technical architecture of the Australian SKA Regional Centre working as a member of the Australian SKA Regional Centre Design Study Program team. This position is a joint appointment with Pawsey Supercomputing Centre to develop and deploy the necessary computer and storage infrastructure capable of tackling SKA-scale data and computational challenges. You will also be contributing to the development of solutions for the SKA precursor surveys working with the ASKAP and MWA science teams, and transferring and applying solutions to other areas of data intensive sciences at Pawsey. The position is based in Perth (CSIRO, Kensington) with some time required to be spent in UWA (Crawley).
Your duties will include:
- Develop the system level requirements for the Australian SKA Regional Centre via liaising with MWA, ASKAP, SKA stakeholders.
- Contribute to the system level solutions in AusSRC MWA and ASKAP projects.
- Liaise with the vendors of hardware, software, cloud solutions.
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Software/Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering, with substantial work experience in a relevant field.
- Substantial and extensive experience with high I/O, high data volume, computationally intensive parallel applications and systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in distributed storage, parallel processing systems and cloud computing technologies.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, high level communication skills and able to interact as a team player.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Wednesday 3rd June 2020, 11:00pm AEST