Our client is one of the most renowned banks and financial services organisations with a network expanding across the globe. As they keep growing, they are looking for a highly experienced Senior Compliance Manager with experience and proven success of working closely with the business and supporting them effectively.
The role, reporting to the Head of Compliance, will be responsible for driving and executing the Group strategy to ensure an effective framework and control environment is in place.
You will act as the Subject Matter Expert to provide knowledge and expertise in all areas of compliance to the operations and business units you are responsible for.
Your key responsibilities include, but won’t be limited to:
· Support the business units you are responsible for by providing guidance and advice as required in all areas related to compliance
· Act as primary point of contact ensure the compliance framework is implemented, followed and communicated to the business for its efficiency
· Initiate standards review and update on a regular basis for the key compliance risks of Privacy, Conflicts of Interest, Market Abuse, AML, Sanctions, Conduct and Treating Customers Fairly in a timely manner.
· Act as the Compliance SME providing advice to assist divisions to ensure compliance risks are adequately managed
· Contribute proactively to any reports directed to Boards, Committees, Group, Management and Business Units as required
· Work closely with the business units and other Subject Matter Experts to identify incidents and breaches, analyse results, report and follow up
· Provide coaching and guidance to team members and business partners, and contribute to building and supporting an inclusive and collaborative team
This role will suit an ambitious compliance professional looking to increase their exposure and experience in a fast paced and growing environment.
You will possess the following skills/attributes:
· At least 10 years of experience working in a compliance role in the banking or financial services sector
· A strong appreciation of the regulatory and financial crime landscape as applied to the banking sector
· Strong communication and relationship building skills to apply with your internal customers, along with a team player mindset
· Very high attention to detail
· Proven track record of success in previous organisations, and a reputation of going the extra mile
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney