Clinical Nurse / Midwife – Clinical Informatics Specialist | Townsville
An exciting opportunity exists for a dynamic and experienced Clinical Nurse Consultant (Clinical Informatics Specialist) to join the team at a public hospital in Townsville.
As a Clinical Nurse Consultant (Clinical Informatics Specialist) you will be accountable at an advanced practice level for the coordination of clinical practice and the provision of human and material resources within the Hospital.
- Providing leadership and support change management activities with clinical and business staff for the ieMR Digital Services;
- Managing senior stakeholders, articulating and advocating the quality, safety and efficiency benefits of the system;
- Providing insight into professional and local cultures of the site and provide advice and feedback to the site implementation and state team on system change requests raised by staff;
- Developing relationships and networks internally to identify sponsors and leaders to support and lead any ieMR Digital Services changes;
- Assisting the Clinical Informatics Strategist in gathering and compiling requests and feedback from clinicians and assist with site baselining for system enhancement change requests;
- Provide subject matter expertise as required on behalf of the ieMR Digital Services and complete validation/testing of any new system enhancements;
- Act as an advocate for the ieMR Digital Services, and build advocacy across the site.
As the successful applicant, you will possess the following attributes:
- Current AHPRA registration;
- Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery or equivalent is a mandatory qualification;
- Possession of a relevant postgraduate qualification in an appropriate field is highly desirable;
- Proven ability to provide expert nursing leadership and coordination within a multidisciplinary environment;
- Sound knowledge of contemporary nursing practice;
- Ability to integrate the strategic direction and priorities for quality improvement into the clinical service, establishing a quality framework;
- Demonstrated advanced leadership, negotiation, conflict resolution and change management skills to ensure customer-focused service provision amongst the multidisciplinary team;
- Demonstrated high level of communication skills required for problem-solving and decision making;
- Proven ability to use information and reporting systems appropriate to the position;
- Ability to demonstrate ongoing professional development of self and others;
- Understanding of teaching and learning in the health care environment (adult learning principles) with demonstrated clinical teaching and facilitation skills;
- Experience in implementing large scale clinical change initiatives within a hospital environment and possessing certification as a Health Informatician (Certified Health Informatician Australasia – CHIA would be well regarded.
The successful candidate will be offered a generous remuneration package, fantastic work-life balance and the opportunity to join a tertiary-level hospital that delivers excellence in healthcare.
The hospital, located in Townsville, provides complex, high-level services across a wide range of specialities including cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, adult and paediatric ICU, general surgery, medicine, radiation and medical oncology, transplant haematology, paediatrics, obstetrics and neonatology to the North Queensland region.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to ****@ihrgroup.com.au.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.