APS 6 - Business Operations Manager
- $80,669 - $92,150 (plus super)
- Enoggera, QLD
The Business Operations Manager (BOM) must be a proactive self-starter, willing to quickly understand the work practices and range of responsibilities of DOTAM-QLD. This role has a significant requirement for attention to detail and organisational skills. Responsible for managing and implementing corporate governance responsibilities and tasks, the BOM will have a good understanding of the functions of ROMAN, Outlook and Objective and manage and oversee simple procurement, budgets, assets and travel for DOTAM-QLD. In addition to managing a large number of corporate governance responsibilities and tasks, the BOM will also be responsible for the management and supervision of the APS3 Regional Resource Officer. The BOM will also be expected to provide advice to local and regional personnel on compliance with Defence financial, human resource and administrative policies and procedures.
As this role will interact and engage professionally with many diverse stakeholders, a high level of customer focus and communication skills are required. We work within a framework of legislation, established principles, work practices and procedures. Our environment requires staff to work collaboratively as a team within a complex network of internal and external stakeholders. We enjoy the challenge of having to multi-task and prioritise, and of delivering work that we know meets formal requirements.
An APS 6 Business Operations Manager will:
- Proactively manage complex tasks and activities, identify risks and work to agreed priorities and outcomes that support the delivery of corporate governance, administrative and business support activities across DOTAM-QLD.
- Be accountable and respond to complex operational, procedural, administrative and business support related enquiries and apply skills, knowledge and experience necessary to provide relevant advice and services to the Deputy DOTAM.
- Identify and interpret relevant legislation, work practices, procedures and policies and apply these to improve outcomes in the work area.
- Be accountable to develop and implement procedural, operational, corporate, administrative and business support documentation consistent with business requirements.
- Work collaboratively and operate as an effective team member, provide constructive feedback and display adaptability within DOTAM-QLD.
- Implement highly developed time management and organisational skills with the ability to set and meet realistic deadlines.
- Build and sustain relationships with DOTAM staff and stakeholders across Australia, and actively lead and participate in team work and group activities.
- Progress work to meet business objectives, recommend solutions for issues adversely impacting desired outcomes and seek advice and guidance on complex issues.
This position is based at Enoggera. An induction program and familiarisation tour of training areas will form part of on-the-job training for the successful candidate. This opportunity will form part of a dynamic, results driven team and will offer the applicant the ability to acquire relevant skills, qualifications as well as hands on experience with the SAP based platform.
Information Pack (MS Word) Opens in new window
Information Pack (PDF) Opens in new window