Casual Support Worker - Mount Hutton
- Supportive and Inclusive Culture
Attractive Remuneration and the option to salary package
Attractive Remuneration - $32.59 per hour, incl. loading
We are one of Australia’s largest not-for-profit disability services providers that works with our customers to realise their potential. Our purpose is to build an inclusive society where people can live the life they choose. Before applying for a role at Northcott, we encourage you to visit our website to learn more about our mission to ensure our values and culture are a good fit for you: www.northcott.com.au.
About this opportunity:
Northcott has exciting opportunities for enthusiastic Support Workers to join our dedicated team in Mount Hutton, on a casual basis. Reporting to the Coordinator of Accommodation & Respite, you will be required to work in our Accommodation Services to support our customers to live independently in a group home.
As a Support Worker you will:
- Develop and implement programs to support customers to grow their skills and abilities so they are more able to make decisions affecting their lives, live as independently as possible and participate in the community
- Support customers to develop and maintain independence and safety in personal care, health and hygiene such as eating, dressing toileting and showering
Perform various household tasks including menu planning, cooking and serving meals, cleaning, shopping and other activities of daily living
Implement behaviour support plans aimed at supporting individuals who demonstrate challenging behaviours to achieve their goals
- Please note: Our Accommodation Services run on a 24/7 rotating roster model. You will be required to work morning, afternoon and active night shifts, including weekend and public holiday shifts.
The right person for this position will possess:
A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs of our customers
Flexibility to work on a 24/7 rotating roster with weekends and public holidays included
The ability to develop positive relationships with our customers and to support their individual care plans, as appropriate
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with mental health and/or complex and challenging behaviours will be highly regarded
A current Australian Drivers Licence
- NSW Working With Children Check (or willingness to obtain)
- National Police Check (or willingness to obtain)
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (or willingness to obtain)
Benefits and Culture of Northcott:
Working a meaningful job and contributing to your community
Competitive hourly rate - $32.59 including loading
The option to sign up for salary packaging; receive some of your salary tax-free!
Learning & career development opportunities
- Fitness passport- plus fitness discounts on offer
Employee benefits with Commonwealth Bank
Free yearly influenza (flu) vaccination
The ad will close 28th May 2020. We will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period as we have a number of opportunities in this area that are immediately available, so please don't hesitate to apply!
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes or applications. Northcott is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited agency resumes or applications.
Northcott is an EEO employer and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Essential pre-employment checks will be conducted