Deputy Chief Steward - Harness
We are seeking applications from suitably experienced applicants to undertake the position of Deputy Chief Steward - Harness Racing. This position will assist the Chief Steward - Harness to maintain and uphold the integrity of Harness racing in Western Australia and to supervise and enforce the industry’s standards as empowered by the Australian Rules of Harness Racing. This pivotal role will require your ability to assist in the decision making process of all major inquiries by interpreting evidence and assisting the Chief Steward - Harness in determining further action. This role is a leadership position and will require you to contribute to the management of a team of Stewards.
Ideally to be successful in this role you will need
- Extensive experience in all aspects of racing administration/stewardship
- Extensive experience in a Senior Stewards role
- Knowledge of current legislation, e.g. Racing Penalties Appeal Tribunal Act and Betting Control Act
- Well-developed knowledge of Rules of Harness Racing and legal proceedings
- Excellent communication, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Sound computer literacy skills Microsoft Office / Windows environment
- Experience with media interviews and well developed presentation skills
- Possession of a relevant tertiary qualification highly desirable
- Ability to coach and mentor staff
- Contribute to the success and integrity of WA Harness Racing;
- Career opportunity with on the job mentoring and training;
- Working within an organisation that generates over a 2 billion dollar turnover;
- Learning and development opportunities.
How to apply
- Prepare a brief cover letter outlining how you meet each of the above criteria;
- Include an indication of your salary expectations;
- Email your CV and cover letter to **@rwwa.com.au
For more information about this position please visit www.rwwa.com.au or contact Aimee Dorizzi, Human Resources Officer on 9445 5492. Applications should be forwarded by close of business 28th May 2020.