Assistant | Educator | Childcare | Annerley Brisbane
Assistant Educator - C&K Arnwood Place Community Childcare Centre
About the role:
- 6-month fixed term contract
- Working in the 0-3 age group
- Full Time hours
At C&K Arnwood Place Community Childcare Centre, which is in Annerley Brisbane, we are currently seeking an educator which is qualified and experienced as an Assistant within a childcare centre. The centre is looking for their new Assistant to work on a 6-month fixed term contract till December 2020.
The successful educator will pride themselves on their passion and dedication for early education and care within the learning environment. We are looking for someone with exceptional skills to build relationships with families and children and who is dedicated to furthering their own learning as an early childhood professional.
The suitable applicant will be responsible for:
- Assistant position working across 0-3 age groups
- 6 month fixed-term contract ending 24th December 2020
- Commencing 1st June 2020
- Above award wage
- Have a look at our Centre https://www.candk.asn.au/arnwoodplace
Ideal applicants will have:
- Supporting and guiding children's behavior in a positive way and encourage children to interact with others with care, empathy and respect.
- Undertake general cleaning tasks to maintain overall cleanliness of the room and service
- Participate in all care and education duties as required with all children at the service
- Contribute reflections and suggestions for planning and implement programs as directed
- Certificate lll or Diploma Qualification in Early Childhood (qualification must be recognised by ACECQA); or enrolled and actively working towards one.
- Hold a current blue card (or willing to obtain)
- Current first aid/CPR including asthma and anaphylaxis
- Awareness of the National Quality Framework
- Prior experience within the early childhood profession and ability to work as an effective team member
- An understanding of the provision of a safe, well planned indoor and outdoor learning environment
- An ability to document observations of children's behavior and development
- An ability to implement a planned program, ensuring the needs of individual children and the group are met
C&K is proud to be the largest and longest established provider of community-based early childhood education and care services in Queensland. Working at C&K you will have access to many benefits including, but not limited to, above-award wages, salary packaging options, priority access to C&K childcare and kindergarten centres and access to study through our C&K College. C&K is committed to an inclusive workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally-diverse backgrounds. All C&K employees are required to undergo background checks which includes police checks.
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. C&K reserve the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
To apply please click on the "Apply" button below and complete our online application form.