Administrative / Property Officer
About the role:
As the successful applicant you will be required to provide a high level of Administrative / Property support within an existing team. The suitable applicant for this role will be expected to attend initial training at Dandenong Police Complex with the expectation that they may be required to work out of any of the Police Service Area within Southern Metro Region Division Three.
Your duties will include:
- Victoria Police is a contemporary and agile workplace and supports flexible working arrangements.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Undertake a range of functions around the receipt, management, and disposal of property items in accordance with police policy and relevant legislation.
- Perform a variety of computerized activities including data entry, typing and word processing.
- Attend enquiries from internal and external stakeholders, provide initial information and advice as required.
- Receive, record, and distribute mail and correspondence as required.
- Prepare routine correspondence on a range of administrative matters and attend to follow-up procedures as required.
Requirements and relevant information:
- Experience in working with computers and systems to perform a range of administrative tasks including, records management, data entry and word processing tasks.
- Must have the ability to accurately maintain systematic and administrative records.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work successfully within a team environment and ability to work independently.
- Prioritisation skills and ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Be adaptable to change.
Your application must include:
- One (1) full time, ongoing position available.
- Initial duties for this position will be at the Dandenong Police Station (50 Langhorne Street, Dandenong VIC 3175), where you will receive the necessary training. However, you may be expected to work out of any location within Southern Division Three, as required.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include fingerprint checks and misconduct screening.
- Completed application form - attached to the job advertisement.
Applications close midnight, Monday 1st of June 2020 - No applications will be accepted via email.
For further information on this role please contact:
Jodie Phelps on (03) 9767 7623 or via email email@example.com.
If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact VPS Recruitment via email VPSRECRUITMENT@police.vic.gov.au or on (03) 8335 8081
Victoria Police is a large organisation employing police, public servants and protective services officers. Victoria Police provides support to the community 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
At Victoria Police our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to attract and retain a diverse workforce which includes people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
Find out what it is like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: https://www.police.vic.gov.au/vps