Metso Australia is seeking to fill the position of a Residential Conveyor Technician/Belt Splicer (Level 2 or 3) based at Port Pirie South Australia on a 5:2 roster. Metso is offering a competitive package for the right person to work with the site team and deliver the results for both Metso and Nyrstar.
About the Role
- Assist with Roller changes, roller frame change-outs and repairs, skirt replacement and repairs, installation of tracking devices, scraper installation and maintenance, alignment of all mechanical components, as requested.
- Assists the Supervisor with duties required for all operations (contractual, workshop and field service) when required, including costing, customer records, warranties and service-related paperwork and filing.
- Plan and setup Conveyor maintenance of various complexities.
- Liaise with the Supervisor as soon as practicable in relation to additional resources required for current and upcoming works.
- Ensures the correct selection of equipment and tools for each job, prior to setting out on a service assignment.
- Operates all equipment, tools, machinery or plant correctly and in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and training and in line with Metso requirements.
- Conduct visual inspections to identify damage caused by impact and transfer points, misaligned pulleys, misaligned idlers, misaligned belt cleaners, belt changeouts, splicing and execution.
- Undertake mechanical works on scraper change out setups and repairs
- Apply rubber linings to pipes, spools, launders, agitator blades, chutes etc. On site and in the workshop.
- Experience (2 years +) carrying out steel cord and fabric conveyor belt splices & repairs.
- Experience operating conveyor vulcanising equipment as well as belt handling equipment, including winders, winches and belt stands.
- Sound experience in rubber lining with an understanding of the different types of rubber used in industry & their technical limitations.
- Communicates closely with the Metso and Nyrstar Supervisors regarding their service requirements and consults with them on conveyor maintenance and management issues.
- Experience in handling hazardous chemicals and associated vapours.
- Ability to conduct conveyor maintenance tasks, such as: roller changes, roller frame change-out and repairs, skirt replacement and repairs, installation of tracking devices, installation and maintenance of belt cleaners and belt inspections.
- Ability to accurately calculate belt lengths through measurement and reading of technical drawings, splicing instructions and splice diagrams.
- Possesses strong, confident and above all, safe knife skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to undertake repetitive work whilst maintaining high attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardisation exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Possess and maintain a current motor vehicle licence.
- Pass random medical and drug and alcohol tests.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically, by motor vehicle and commercial flights, at short notice.
- Ability and willingness to work additional and/or irregular hours, as part of call-out commitments.
- Dogging (DG), Basic Rigging (RB), Intermediate Rigging (RI), Advanced Rigging (RA)
- Forklift License
- HR License
- Confined Space ticket.
- Working at Heights ticket.
- Certificate IV in Polymer Processing (Belt Splicing).
Job Benefits & Perks
Metso Australia offers a fast passed, energetic culture along with:
- Company funded life and income protection insurance when electing the Company's default fund.
- Discount on private health insurance through HBF and Bupa
- Loyalty rewards, including additional annual leave provisions and monetary rewards, and much more.