SOFTWARE ENGINEER (C++ BASH PYTHON GIT)
Our client, a reputable, Australian Government Body is seeking a Software Engineer with strong experience in C++ Bash Python GIT to join their talented team. This is a 6 - 18 month contract due to start ASAP. This role is only open to Australian Citizens as it requires applicants to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance.
The Data and Integration Stream Software Engineer (SE) will work on one or more applications and be the primary resource within the team to perform the detailed design, build/refactoring and deployment of code. The SE will work closely with the project managers and test manager, release team and co-ordinate work with other technical staff.
The organisation is undergoing a comprehensive rebuild of its' ICT systems and related business processes and applications, focused on addressing security and resilience risks. It aims to secure and strengthen all elements of the organisation's operating environment to provide continuous availability of critical services, mitigating the risks arising from the fragility of the existing ICT environment.
- Contribute to project initiation phases with technical inputs where required by the project manager
- Lead the execute phase activities on one or more projects (detailed design, build, unit test, deployment)
- Provide project (SDLC) delivery guidance to the Organisation's technical resources where required
- Support the testing team in test planning, execution and defects fixes
- At least 5 years development experience working on Linux based applications. Specifically development experience in the following languages:
- Sound understanding and working knowledge of using git
- Sound knowledge of common open source infrastructure and development platforms
- Skills in authoring technical project documentation (Design Documents, Build Documents, Release Notes, Deployment Guides)
- Software Engineering/ Computer science degree
- Development experience with modern C++ (C++11 and later)
- Working knowledge of application container concepts
- Development experience on Perl, PHP
- Development experience with OpenGL
- Experience in lead or contributing to application remediation projects using Agile and Waterfall models
APPLY FOR MORE INFO AND NEXT STEPS!