About the business
Aangan is widely praised and is a multi-award winner having secured several accolades from The Age Good Food Guide, Epicure and Cheap Eats. Since our inception in 2003, Aangan Indian Restaurant has been tantalizing taste buds with freshly prepared, authentic Indian cuisine. The kitchen and floor staff at Aangan are passionate about Indian food and carefully craft each dish for customers to enjoy.
Aangan is successful because of its people- they are what makes Aangan renowned and unique. If we are to retain our reputation in delivering excellent quality of food and service then we need skilled and highly motivated staff. We make sure we provide a great place to work, where everyone feels valued and respected.
About the role
We're looking for a Chef for our restaurant in Shepparton, VIC. We need someone who has some prior experience in preparing Indian Delicacies. Some of the day-to-day responsibilities of the staff member would be:
1. To prepare and cook full course meals.
2. Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers.
3. Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
4. Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances, Estimate food requirements and costs.
5. Train and clean kitchen and work area.
6. Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
7. Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
8. Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
9.Ability to communicate efficiently and clearly both in written form and through representations
10. Self-motivated and able to take responsibility.
11.. Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.
12. Excellent organisational skills.
13. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team.
Benefits and perks
Aangan offers a great workplace for its staff where everyone feels valued and respected. It's an opportunity for you to be an integral part of this expanding and unique organization.
Skills and experience
Qualified Chefs with an experience of 3 years in commercial cookery are preferred, but people with less experience may also apply. What we need is a motivated candidate and we're more than happy to train them