JAF Engineering, part of Fenner Dunlop Australia Pty Ltd, offer fabrication services working in conjunction with the manufacturing team to deliver conveyor belting solutions to our clients which are of the highest standard and quality.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This opportunity will see you working in a fabrication workshop based in Kwinana. Responsible for the fabrication, welding, repair and assembly of conveyor belting products to specification and quality standards in line with customer requirements.
The successful candidate will be able to utilise their welding and construction expertise to fabricate components for the construction of steel packaging associated with the transport and storage of conveyor belts and other engineered products.
What you need:
- Fabricate large conveyor components to meet issued drawings and customer specifications from profile cut and pre-cut steel
- Fully weld component and finish to pre-paint stage to quality assurance standards
- Effectively interpret drawings and technical documentation
- Effectively escalate and communicate problems and issues with Leading Hand and/or Workshop Supervisor
- Co-operate and work in a team environment.
- To contribute to the company’s overall safety objective of “100% Safe Behaviours and conditions to day” by; actively reporting any near miss, hazards or incidents
- Abide by site and company safety policies and procedures
What's on offer?
- Relevant Boilermaker or Heavy Fabrication Trade Qualification
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role within a similar environment (heavy fabrication industry)
- Fork Licence
- Experience in coaching and mentoring apprentices
- Proven ability in planning and managing jobs
- Pulley fabrication and/or submerged arc welding experience will be highly regarded
- Dogging ticket and Overhead Crane competency (preferred)
How to Apply
- Overtime with Penalties available
- Competitive base rate at $35 per hour
- 20 days Annual Leave per year
- 10 days Personal Leave per year
- Talent Referral Incentive Program – earn up to $2500 each time you refer one of our next employees;
- Access to company discount programs from our corporate suppliers, Virgin, Hertz & Holden; and
- 24 Hour EAP access to all employees and their families.
Submit a current resume outlining your suitability for the role, by clicking the ‘apply now’
button. About us:
Fenner Dunlop Australia Pty Ltd, part of the Michelin Group of Companies, is the world leader in the manufacture of conveyor belting for mining and industrial applications. With manufacturing plants in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth supporting 17 branches nationally, we offer a comprehensive range of products and services from the design and supply of complete conveyor solutions through to service, installation maintenance and diagnostics services.
Fenner Dunlop is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer – Third party agency referrals will not be accepted.