Disability Support Coordinator
Yaandina Community Services is the largest local provider of community services in the Pilbara. Through integrity, respect, team work, continuous improvement and innovation the dedicated staff at Yaandina focus on the needs of each of our clients to deliver the best possible service and care.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Yaandina’s Community Care Services team to provide support and coordination to our clients across all functions of the NDIS program. You will add immense value to our consumer-centric business activities and to the lives of our clients. You will work closely with our clients to identify their needs, personalise support and ensure that they are receiving the services required to fulfil their daily lives. You will support our clients, their family and carers in identifying and connecting with appropriate providers of supports with a view to overcoming barriers, developing skills and achieving the objectives of their NDIS Plan. You will work to increase their independence and to strengthen their ability to coordinate and implement their support requirements.
If you enjoy diversity and are in step with Yaandina’s values of Integrity, Respect, Team-work and Care then this may be the role for you. Your experience working with clients of diverse, multi-cultural backgrounds and clients with complex needs will contribute to your success in the role. You will have an understanding of person-centred care and support principles, with the ability to transition between business and client needs seamlessly. Your ability to manage priorities and multi-disciplinary cases and to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders enables you to meet the demands of this role.
If successful you will be rewarded with a range of benefits which include:
- An attractive salary, with salary packing options
- Flexible full-time working hours
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Subsidised housing
- Unique culture promoting diversity and shared values
- Access to training and development opportunities
To help us understand your background, you will be required to address the following Selection Criteria specific for this role:
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Experience working with or understanding the needs of individuals with a mental illness and / or disability;
- A qualification relevant to Disability Support, Social Work, Mental Health, or equivalent (is desirable, not essential).
Work Related Requirements:
- Demonstrate effective and mindful communication and interpersonal skills which focus on your ability to promote respect, dignity, trust and encouragement towards your clients.
- Demonstrate your ability to build effective relationships and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to achieve appropriate resolution to issues.
- Demonstrate your ability or understanding of how to lead a collaborative approach to client case management, including the ability to work with others to achieve common goals and encourage a spirit of teamwork.
- Ability to deliver and coordinate high quality services that comply with standards, regulatory requirements and policies, within a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate your experience in research and analysis of data and your ability to develop creative and innovative approaches to complex problems and cases.
A current WA Driver’s License, a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children’s Check are prerequisites for all positions with Yaandina Community Services. Application Instructions
If this position appeals to you, please submit your resume along with a cover letter that addresses the key Selection Criteria.
If you would like more information, a confidential discussion or to simply ask a question about this role, please email your enquiry to ***********@yaandina.org.
Yaandina is committed to providing an environment of diversity and inclusion and is a strong supporter of training and professional development.