Civil Design Engineer
The Civil Design Engineer has a key technical role in the efficient and successful delivery of various design projects along with maintaining strong client relationships. The purpose of this role is to actively support COMPLETE's Engineering team in delivering design work predominantly for Local Government in NSW and QLD.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Industry relevant tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering;
- A minimum of 5+ years experience in a multi-disciplinary project work environment delivering civil projects in the public domain;
- A high to advanced level of competency with the use of 12d Model, AutoCAD, knowledge of MUSIC and relevant industry-standard stormwater drainage design software such as DRAINS or PC Drain;
- Proven background on small to large sized infrastructure design projects;
- Excellent knowledge of Local Government codes, guidelines and processes and Australian / NZ Standards;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in preparing detailed design construction documentation including project specifications and drawings;
- Experience in development projects such as road and highway design, stormwater drainage, water sensitive urban design, carparks, cycleways and earthworks;
- Experience in preparing project design reports and stormwater management plans;
- Basic knowledge of project budgeting and financial documents relevant to civil projects;
- Experience in preparing construction cost estimates including quantity take-off for preparing bills of quantities; and
- Experience in mentoring junior design staff at a hands-on technical level.
- Be able to lead Civil Design related activities with minimal guidance;
- Develop close working relations with fellow Designers, Technicians, Engineers, Architects, Project Managers and Directors
- Apply and interpret legislative and contractual requirements as they apply to the design project at hand;
- Provides and takes a proactive approach in the timely and accurate provision of providing information to the Project Lead or fellow staff members to enable efficient communication;
- Maintain the COMPLETE multi-disciplinary culture & approach to project delivery;
- Involvement in the growth of COMPLETE by contributing to seeking business opportunities;
- Assistance in the preparation of tender submissions using various applications up to final submission;
- Follows the requirements of the COMPLETE Integrated Management System (IMS), including quality, safety and environmental requirements; and
- Provide support, knowledge and mentoring to junior team members to build strong working relationships.
If you think you're ready for the next step in your career, please apply.
Recruitment Agency Assistance not required.