Early Childhood Teacher
About the Company
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 17.5% Annual leave loading
- Permanent, Part time (75 hours per fortnight)
Since 1975, Belconnen Community Service (BCS) has been providing a wide range of high quality, integrated and inclusive programs and services to individuals, families, children and young people in the Belconnen and wider Canberra region. In 2019, following extensive stakeholder consultation, BCS drafted a new Strategic Plan for the years 2020-2030, and in 2020, officially changed its name to Capital Region Community Services (CRCS)
as an indication of its reach into the wider Capital Region. While the company is currently undergoing this period of transition, its commitment to the people of the Capital Region remains steadfast.
About the Role
We are seeking a passionate and energetic early childhood teacher individual who can provide strong leadership in the development and implementation of contemporary Early Childhood Education Programs with strong pedagogical leadership that reflects the Principles and Practices of the Early Years Learning Framework.
You will work under general direction from the Director and undertake a range of functions requiring the application of high level skills and knowledge.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervise employees to provide for the wellbeing and emotional needs of the children.
- Ensure the children are suitably and comfortably dressed.
- Ensure employees are carrying out their duties according to the Centre Policies and procedures.
- Encourage employees to work as a team and communicate effectively with them and for them.
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviour guidance strategies at all times.
- Early Childhood Teaching Degree or Diploma qualified and actively studying to become an Early Childhood Teacher or other relevant qualifications.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- At least 12 months demonstrated experience within a Centre.
- Experience in the planning of the curriculum, effective communication skills and the ability to manage staff.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to supervise effective, appropriate and realistic curriculum form 3 - 5 years taking into account the needs of children from a diverse range of backgrounds, abilities and experiences.
- Experience in working in consultation with parents, including those with a diverse range of backgrounds.
How to apply
- Above award wages
- Leadership and training opportunities
- Extensive accredited and non-accredited professional development opportunities
- Discounted child care rates
Please copy and paste this URL
into your web browser - https://clientapps.jobadder.com/24007/capital-region-community-services. It will take you to our career page on our website where you can submit your application. Do you have questions about this role?
If so, please contact Allison Sullings on 0422 949 *** or at ***************@bcsact.com.au. Applications emailed to this email address will not be accepted.
Applications Close: 29 May 2020