Commercial Manager/In House Counsel
Elliott Gray are proud to be partnering with what is fast becoming one of Canberra’s most iconic success stories, and a showcase of what happens when you attract the best talent to your brand.
Penten are a recognised world leader and innovator of cyber security products and services in Australia and are leaders in secure mobility, cyber deception and cyber engineering services.
A rapidly growing, award winning company that offers a truly dynamic environment for talented people to do important work and make a difference. A career that enables you to take a leading role in creating a future for Australia.
So what is on offer apart from the role?
Hooked on the company? Let me tell you about the role.
- Penten lead the way in flexibility, and not just as a result of COVID, they had this covered long before the pandemic. Early riser, late starter, parent, exercise enthusiast- whatever your driver, you are supported in this environment
- Work collaboratively with a growing, passionate and motivated team
- You are trusted, valued and given the freedom to think and be creative
Not just your standard in-house counsel, we are seeking a talented commercial mind to provide support and expertise to the executive team on the commercial management of the company.
Reporting to the CFO and working collaboratively with the management team you will utilise your strong legal background and astute commercial know-how to help drive growth through strategy development.
Your areas of expertise will cover the full spectrum of commercial business aspects but you won’t be limited by just what is in your job description, you are not that type of person. You can expect to be working on immediate needs like:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of government and commercial agreements including licensing and supplier agreements, and services agreements;
- Serving as a trusted advisor and business partner across the company by providing counsel and guidance that are in line with Penten’s overall business objectives and needs - including in relation to privacy, IP protection, employment law, equity raising and employee share plans;
- Working with the product, sales, engineering, security, finance and people team on specific projects; and
- Provide legal, regulatory and risk advice and guidance to enable and support business growth.
Importantly, this role will evolve with growth and you will be the type of person who knows how to design your role to be future focused. You have the skills and love the company, but what will stand you apart from the crowd? Well, you will be:
There are a few other key criteria we need to cover off:
- A pragmatic, commercially-minded individual with a consultative style
- An ability to balance and prioritise work and manage expectations of multiple stakeholders
- A highly collaborative team player who also displays the ability to take ownership of work
- Strong drafting and contract negotiation skills
- Relevant Law Degree, with a minimum of 5 years+ post admission experience
- Broad legal training with a reputable firm
- Knowledge of government contracts and the procurement process
- In-house experience in a related business environment will be considered advantageous but not essential
Eligibility to hold an Australian Government clearance is a requirement for working for Penten, noting that Australian citizenship is a condition of eligibility for security clearances. Ideally, an NV1 or higher.
Penten embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. They are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive they are, the better their work will be.
This role is available now. If you are keen to hear more, I encourage you to give me a call for a confidential discussion, unless you are sold on this ad – then just apply now! Applications will be reviewed as they come in.
Alex Elliott, 0468 554 ***