IT Security Specialist
Our Federal Government client is seeking an IT Security Specialist with a strong understanding of ICT security policy in government and a background in large and complex projects.
Supporting a large Systems Modernisation Program team, the IT Security Specialist will undertake technically complex work that will include IT security analysis and compliance assessments. They will be responsible for:
- Documenting risks and security controls for current and target solutions
- Helping shape and drive the modernisation agenda and direction of the agency
- Developing a firm understanding of the agency’s risks and identifying these along with problems and opportunities for business outcomes
- Developing a Security Risk Management Plan that documents security controls, information security threats and risk assessments
- Undertaking procurement evaluation activities
- Providing high quality and timely advice both internally and externally
- Engaging and communicating with a wide variety of key stakeholder groups
This role will suit a Specialist who has a desire to define and deliver real outcomes and who is comfortable working with ambiguity. You will have the drive to make an impact and contribute to a program that is making real change! You will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team and demonstrate integrity whilst achieving results.
The skills and background required for this role include:
- Significant experience working as a Security Specialist with large scale ICT projects in Federal Government
- Experience in undertaking ICT security compliance and risk assessments
- Demonstrated ability to deliver information security solutions that meet business requirements and align with risk and compliance obligations
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence, negotiate outcomes and manage complex stakeholder relationships
- A sound knowledge of Federal Government security policy
Tertiary qualifications in ICT or related field will be highly regarded. Candidates must hold a current Negative Vetting 1 Clearance.
If you would like additional information on this role please contact Deb Moss on 0477 538*** or email ********@calleo.com.au