IT Security Specialist
About the Role
- Minimum NV1 Security Clearance required
- Contract to December 2020 with extension options
- Strong understanding of ICT security policy in government
As an IT Security Specialist you will be:
- Conducting security architecture reviews for solutions within the scope of the program architecture.
- Development and/or review of the Statement of Applicability for solutions
- Development and/or review of Security Risk Management Plans including the documentation of implemented security controls.
- Development and/or review of System Security Plans including the documentation of information security threats, vulnerabilities and risks.
- The development and/or review of technical security documentation to support procurement.
- Participation in procurement evaluation activities, which may include the conduct of light-weight information security risk assessments.
- Undertake compliance assessments of proposed designs and/or technology solutions to ensure alignment with the Program architecture principles and standards.
- Provide analysis and judgement on complex issues and make significant contribution to the management, preparation and coordination of Program deliverables.
- Develop and actively manage key internal and external relationships.
- Liaising with vendors, ICT, and system integrators in relation to information security matters to facilitate Program outcomes.
- Provide high quality and timely advice internally and externally, including guidance and reporting to Program leadership
Skills and Experience
- Experience working as a Security Specialist inside complex and large scale ICT projects/programs within Federal Government.
- Experience in undertaking ICT security compliance and risk assessments Security documentation for both current-state and target-state.
- Ability to deliver information security solutions that meet business requirements and align with risk appetite and compliance obligations.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate between business and technical terminology.
- Proven ability to communicate with influence, negotiate outcomes and manage complex stakeholder relationships.
It is a requirement of this position that the successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen and hold a minimum NV1 Security Clearance.
How to apply
Please submit your resume to Blake at Talent International by clicking the "APPLY NOW' button. Alternatively, you can contact Blake on 02 6129 6*** or ***************@talentinternational.com for further information.