Farm Mechanic - North West NSW
Our client is a large scale irrigated farming business near Walgett in North West NSW. Due to some restructuring they have created a position for an on-farm Mechanic to join their team in a permanent full time capacity.
This position will suit an experienced and responsible individual with extensive mechanical knowledge of a range of agricultural and plant machinery, equipment and farm vehicles. Both trade qualified diesel and agricultural mechanics as well as unqualified "bush-taught" farm mechanics will be considered.
Duties will include:
- Repair, maintenance & servicing of all farm machinery, FWA and tracked tractors, excavators, loaders, on & off road vehicles, implements, pumps & bores, small motors and other equipment as requested.
- Workshop parts stock-take recording and co-ordination of ordering, purchasing and fitting parts.
- Welding and some fabrication.
- Schedule, manage and implement all mechanical servicing
- Trouble shooting, maintenance and repair of a significant number of bores and pumps on multiple sites.
- Instructing and coaching of other staff to help within the workshop
General list of machinery includes:
- Tractors & spray rigs
- Heavy plant such as excavators, graders, trucks, trailers etc.
- Light vehicles such as farm utes
- Small motors
- Various farming implements such as cultivation equipment, planters, air seeders, spreaders, chaser bins etc.
Successful applicant will possess:
- Demonstrated mechanical/maintenance ability with relevance to role
- Proven track record of working autonomously within an agricultural business
- Ability to maintain records and adhere to company systems and protocols.
- Strategic decision making competency.
- Strong OH&S mindset.
An hourly rate reflective of experience will be negotiated, along with accommodation.
To apply for this position please click the 'apply now' link and attach your current resume with work related references. For further information, please contact Staff 360 on 07 3720 8*** or email applications to: *****@Staff360.com.au
Staff 360 specialise in providing quality personnel to the global agricultural industry. Over the past 25 years we have supplied skilled and experienced staff to a range of positions within the Agricultural sector. Based in Brisbane we have clients and job opportunities spread throughout Australia and internationally within livestock, farming and horticulture sectors.