Communications And Digital Marketing Support Officer
Salary: $64,859 - $72,904 p.a. plus 9.5% Superannuation Fixed Term, Full Time Be part of a collaborative team implementing digital marketing strategies!
Shoalhaven City Council is a dynamic organisation serving a large and diverse community; limitless opportunity exists for an exciting and rewarding career. The Shoalhaven is located just 2 hours from Sydney and 2.5 hours from Canberra. The Shoalhaven is home to 104,000 people and comprises of 49 unique towns and villages. It is a place of great natural beauty and offers an enviable lifestyle and positive work-life balance.
About the role
This position is sits in Councils Communication & Community Engagement Section of the Chief Executive Group. This is a fixed term, full time (maternity cover) position that works 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday (9am to 5pm). You will be entitled to Council variable working hours scheme.
Reporting directly to the Communications Officer, the focus of this position is to:
- Implement, monitor and manage Council’s media, online and social media branding and marketing strategies via a variety of platforms e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Council’s website and Instagram etc
- Develop traditional media and communications materials, media releases, provide publicity support and implement Council’s communication strategies.
- Undertake monitoring of media and campaigns in conjunction with Council’s communication strategies and plans
- Assist the Communication Officer and Executive Manager Communications in improving Council’s reputation and the communities understanding and knowledge of Council’s projects, programs and services
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in the position, you will be/ possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in communications, marketing or related discipline.
- Min 3 years’ experience in a similar role identifying target audiences and devising digital marketing campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Class C Driver’s License
We are committed to creating a positive culture and strong team environment, and offer a range of benefits:
- Generous Leave Entitlements
- Long Service Leave After 5 Years
- 9 Day Fortnight for Outdoor Staff
- Flexitime for Indoor Staff
- Fitness Passport
- Novated Lease Arrangements
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Training and Development Programs
How to Apply
You will be required to upload your resume and a brief cover letter which should address the selection criteria as outlined in the job description.
During the application you will also be required to respond to position related questions as shown below and questions regarding general information about you.
- At Shoalhaven City Council our corporate core values are: Collaboration, Adaptability, Integrity and Respect. Please choose one value and advise how you have enacted this Outline your relevant tertiary qualifications
- Briefly outline your work experience in Communications and Marketing
- Briefly outline your experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns
- Briefly explain your knowledge of social media platforms and digital communications in marketing, and analysis
Contact: Kate Crowe – Communications Officer (02) 4429 3***
Applications Close: Tuesday, 2 June 2020 (at Midnight)
When your application has been submitted completely, you will receive a confirmation email