Applications are invited for the position of Business Manager. The primary role of the Business Manager is to support the Principal in the business management of the College by providing expertise and implementation in a wide variety of financial, administrative and management functions.
Key Result Areas include:
• Strategic management of the Colleges financial resources.
• General administration functions.
• Property and general asset management.
• Co-ordination and administration of workplace health and safety.
• Information technology planning and implementation.
• Community relations, College development and management of school support staff.
A relational leadership style, advanced computer skills, together with superior organisational and interpersonal skills are considered imperatives together with a commitment to and support for the College Ethos and Mission.
• Degree level qualification, preferably in Accounting, Business Management or Commerce and meets the eligibility criteria for membership of Australian accounting body (e.g. Australian Society of CPAs or Chartered Accountants Australia), supported by appropriate commercial &/or educational experience.
Skills and Experience:
• Three years minimum demonstrated experience in leadership role within finance and/or business administration.
• Current working knowledge and understanding of accounting practices (including taxation), HR management, Industrial relations and WHS legislation, especially those related to the education sector.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the building and construction industry inclusive of current project management.
• Sound understanding and working knowledge of management information systems.
• Highly developed communication and consultation skills.
• Understanding of Catholic Education or the education sector would be desirable.
A cover letter addressing the criteria outlined above, should be included with your application.
St Peter Claver College is a dynamic co-educational Catholic Secondary School under the governance of the Brisbane Archdiocese and Brisbane Catholic Education. It aligns with the Marist attributes of presence, Simplicity, Family Spirit, Love of Work and In the Way of Mary. This affiliation and alignment ensures that our students are at our core and each one is valued in their Sacred Uniqueness.
St Peter Claver College caters for the diverse learning needs of approximately 1000 students in Years 7 to 12 from the Ipswich and surrounding region. The College is committed to an Explicit Teaching Educational Framework that ensures that there is growth, capacity building and genuine teaching and learning engagement in many, varied contexts. The College has students pursuing academic courses, vocational/trade based courses, individualised learning plans and every variation in between.
The College is committed to quality outcomes in every sphere of life and work within it, and reflects current, effective and high quality pedagogical practices and processes.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
Position Tenure: Continuing
Weeks Worked: Up to 52 weeks per year including school holidays
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term):
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 38 hours per week
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: Business Manager Level 3 - $111,320.00 to $123,684.00 per annum plus Super
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Terry Finan
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3810 5***
Contact Email: **********@bne.catholic.edu.au