Supervisor - QLD Projects
WHO WE ARE
Operating successfully and continuously for over 69 years, Saunders' considerable knowledge and experience ensures we provide to our clients a range of innovative solutions for their individual project specifications. We have an extensive portfolio of projects, delivering large and complex solutions, including terminal expansions, engineering procurement, tank and bridge construction and remediation projects.
We have an exciting opportunity for a supervisor to join our growing QLD projects team. This role will be a project-based contract, with the potential to lead to ongoing work for the right person. As part of the Saunders International group, you will support the delivery of construction and maintenance projects with a key focus on one team, one aim - zero harm.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
- Supervise a team consisting of boilermaker/welders, rigger/scaffolders, crane drivers & trades assistants
- Supervise all construction activity carried out to ensure efficiency and quality.
- Quality and workmanship assurance in accordance with quality management processes and documentation
- Monitor progress of all work, identify and make amendments to scope of works in relation to workforce and provide alternatives to work when necessary
- Implementation of relevant SWMS, Safe Act Observations, JSAs, Permits, Isolations and Controls to ensure the safety of the team.
- Workforce planning and forecasting to ensure deadlines are met
- Manage and capture workforce hours and productivity
- Stock control, procurement and inventory for the direct works on site
- Prepare and run toolbox meeting and pre-start meeting with the team
- Foster a culture of inclusion, responsiveness, honesty and accountability
You will work with diverse teams and be responsible for creating a safety focused environment. To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 10 years + demonstrated supervisory experience in industry
- 5 years + supervisory experience in tank maintenance (highly desirable)
- Positive and proactive approach to safety
- Ability to lead and direct a high-performing team
- Ability to promote continuous improvement initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Supportive workplace culture
- Market competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements negotiable with project requirements
- Opportunity to work across a range of diverse projects within the construction and resources industry
HOW TO APPLY
Please click the apply button and upload a copy of your resume. The successful applicant will be required to provide contactable references and undergo a pre-employment medical and Drug & Alcohol test.
Applications close 31 May 2020.
We appreciate the time and effort that goes into each application. Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to respond to every application. If you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 2 weeks of the job ad closing date.