Client Service Officer (Veterans Home Care)
Spinal Life Australia is a non-profit organisation that aims to support people with spinal cord damage to live an accessible, equitable and empowered life. We are striving to be a national leader, with offices located across Queensland and Western Australia! With more than 2,200 clients and members, there's never been a better time to join Spinal Life Australia.
Our Personal Support & Home Care Services team is currently looking for an exceptional Client Service Officer to coordinate and manage the delivery of home care services to a caseload of clients across QLD.
What will I do?
In this busy, relationship-focused role, you will be responsible for the coordination and continuous improvement of service delivery to a caseload of clients receiving support, some of them through our Veterans Home Care Program.
What's needed to be successful?
- manage individual client service plans to ensure changing client service needs are being met with the aim of continually improving service delivery for our clients
- ensure we're maximising our clients' funding and budgets through monitoring client service hours, reducing overtime costs, agency usage and staff turnover
- partner, collaborate and negotiate with clients and other stakeholders to deliver appropriate and sustainable service
- develop and renew service agreements, including costing services to ensure they fit within the funding available
- Assess client referrals through external Veterans Home Care (VHC) assessment agencies
- Monitor hours of service delivered and make sure that the funding and expenditure matches up on the back end
- Manage teams of Support Workers across our region. Helping to engage them with our organisation, plan for their development and training, and support them to be the best Support Workers in the sector!
- You will also lead a team of Support Workers working quite autonomously in our clients' homes, helping to engage them with our organisation, plan for their development and training, and support them to be the best Support Workers in the sector!
Our high-performing Client Services Officers come from a variety of backgrounds and specialisations. Basically, we're looking for someone who can:
Why work at Spinal Life Australia?
- Coordinate, monitor and develop services to people within a community setting
- Manage a whole lot of competing priorities effectively and still deliver exceptional client outcomes
- Supervise, develop and mentor staff
- Lead well - this is different from supervision, we're looking for a real leader, someone who can engage, inspire and support our workers to be the best!
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of people, including support staff, clients from varied backgrounds, government agencies, and funding partners
- Build great relationships and be an ambassador for our organisation and our clients
By doing a great job, you'll be making sure that our clients receive the support they need to help them live the life that they choose.
Apply now and you'll also enjoy all the benefits of working with Spinal Life Australia, including:
- Ongoing training and development - we say it because we actually do it.
- Salary packaging arrangements that can increase your take-home pay.
- Real work/life balance including accrued monthly days off and the ability to purchase extra leave.
- Working in a team where your expertise is recognised and your contribution truly valued. We have BBQ's, big team meetings and we celebrate our successes!
Convenient Woolloongabba location close to public transport, and some really good coffee shops!
Applications close 16th June, 2020