Distribution Centre Exception Officer
Health Support Queensland – Why work for us?
At Health Support Queensland (HSQ), you will be part of an organisation who helps care for Queenslanders.
We know it is important for people to work in an organisation that provides more than just a job. In joining HSQ, you will embark on a journey to help us realise our vision of being ‘Australia's best healthcare support partner'.
Once you join us, we will expect you to exemplify the HSQ fundamental principles of ICARE:
- Integrity—being honest and ethical in everything we say and do.
- Customers and patients first—putting customers and patients at the centre of everything we do.
- Accountability—taking personal responsibility for our actions.
- Respect—being considerate, recognising our differences and looking out for each other.
- Engagement—actively investing in positive outcomes by partnering with others.
What is on offer:
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- Annual leave loading 17.5%
- Salary packaging
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
- Employee Assistance Program
About the role:
To provide support to the Inventory Controller, Distribution Supervisors and Manager and assist with the effective operation of the distribution function by coordinating elements of inventory management, specifically inbound stock, stock returns and vendor credits.
What we are looking for:
- Applied competency and experience in inventory management activities within a large multi-disciplinary, high volume organisation.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of integrated materials management systems, as well as skills in contemporary word processing, database, and spread-sheeting applications.
- High level of interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate, negotiate, liaise effectively both in writing and orally at all levels.
- Analytical skills, the capacity to exercise sound judgement and the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions to inventory problems.
- While not mandatory, a relevant qualification such as Certification in warehousing or related field would be highly regarded.
- Holds a licence for high reach, counter balance forklift and related equipment or has the ability to acquire within four weeks of commencement.
How to apply:
- Your current CV or resume, including the names and contact details of two referees. Referees should have a thorough knowledge of your capabilities, work performance and conduct within the previous two years, and it is preferable to include your current, immediate or past supervisor
- A short statement (maximum two pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant for the role, considering the key responsibilities and attributes noted in the ‘How you will be assessed?' section.