- 6 months fixed-term part time position to cover a Maternity Leave
- 45.6 hours per fortnight
- Growing Primary Healthcare organisation
- Experienced & supportive multidisciplinary team
At 360 Health + Community (360) we place the client at the centre of our care and provide support in the following areas:
- Psychological services and suicide prevention
- NDIS support coordination and therapy services
- Street Doctor
- Chronic Disease support
- Aged Care
- Aboriginal health
- headspace (youth mental health)
Being a part of a growing and innovative healthcare organisation that is able to offer support across a large number of healthcare areas throughout WA, you can expect the following benefits:
- Attractive salary commencing at $80,561 PA (pro rata), with opportunities to develop and progress through our salary banding options
- Salary packaging: salary sacrifice, entertainment cards & novated lease options
- Access to a number of retail discount vouchers
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continued Professional Development internal & external training
- Long service leave options available form 7 years, rather than 10 years
- Supportive & flexible working culture
An exciting opportunity is now available for a Diabetes Educator. This role will be offered on a fixed term basis.
360 Health + Community operates a multidisciplinary health service, treating patients with an identified chronic condition or who have been identified as at risk of developing a chronic condition.
This role provides diabetes expertise and education to patients to assist general practitioners in the management of those with Diabetes in the region. This includes receiving and attending to patient referrals, the provision of clinical management, care coordination and patient referral to other relevant support services.
Services and programs include those that support those with newly diagnosed diabetes and those that support ongoing managements in the primary care setting.
The employee may also take an active role in coordination, development and facilitation of local initiatives. Such activities should encourage uptake of the available programs and services, enhance community health and drive a process for the integration of local diabetic services across the continuum of care in order to more effectively manage diabetes.
Essential Minimum Selection Criteria
- Qualifications in the area of Diabetes;
- Registration with AHPRA;
- Evidence of working towards credentialing process with ADEA to become a Diabetes Educator;
- Knowledge and experience in the management and prevention of Chronic Disease;
- Demonstrated ability to be able to assess client needs, case manage, deliver services and follow up patients within scope of service delivery and contract funding;
- The ability to deliver in the Metro region;
- The ability to maintain accurate electronic records that reflect best practice in service delivery in accordance with 360 Health + Community clinical governance strategies;
- Proven ability and skill with patient group work and working with individuals on a one to one basis;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills in order to develop strategies, ideas and opportunities for resolving issues;
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills, especially in relation to health and / or human services settings;
- High standard of relationship-building and networking skills with a diverse range of agencies and clients;
- Proficiency with / literacy of information and communication technology including desktop computers, word processing, spreadsheet and database software packages.
- Knowledge / understanding of general practice and / or the primary health care environment, including State / Federal roles in primary health care;
- Participation in the maintenance of a Quality Management System as part of a team.
Applications close 02/06/2020
To take the next step in your career, submit your CV and covering letter addressing the Selection Criteria via the apply link!
360 Health + Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and encourages diversity within its workforce
360 reserve the right to commence the recruitment process prior
to the nominated closing date.
Please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.