As an Army Fuel Specialist play an integral role supporting ground and air operations, while enjoying:
• a good salary plus generous superannuation
• ongoing investment in your personal and career development
• free medical and dental
• job security and a good work/life balance
• rewarding work and world-class training
• subsidised accommodation
• a supportive team environment
• travel and leave entitlements
• free access to sports and fitness facilities
• friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus exciting opportunities supporting Army domestic activities, including exercises and operations, with potential deployments overseas in support of Australian and coalition personnel.
The Army may march on its stomach but it runs on fuel. Every vehicle from 4WDs to tanks and helicopters needs fuel, oil and lubricants in the right quantity, at optimum quality, and in the right place.
As a Fuel Specialist you'll be in charge of managing, distributing and storing fuel products, as well as the refuelling itself. You'll work on military bases, on exercises and on deployments, so the job could take you across Australia and even overseas.
This rewarding role carries plenty of responsibility and variety. One day you could be in barracks, contaminant testing a batch of diesel, and the next could see you out bush beneath the spinning rotors of a Chinook helicopter carrying out a 'hot refuel'.
No experience is necessary as your training will arm you with the specialist and driving skills necessary. You'll also be taught how to operate effectively on your own initiative, as well as in a team environment.
Helping keep the Army mobile and fully capable delivers immense job satisfaction. Better still, you’ll be working for a dynamic national organisation that offers a great lifestyle plus opportunities and experiences you simply won’t find anywhere else.
So do you believe you have what it takes to become an Army Fuel Specialist? Then apply now.
• Fully-paid training
• Once trained, starting package approx. $63,015 p.a. plus superannuation (salaries correct as of 01/08/2019)
• Numerous other benefits
• Training in Wagga Wagga NSW
• Then posting to Amberley QLD, Darwin NT or Townsville QLD
• At least 17 years of age
• Australian Citizen
• Year 10 completion with passes in English and Mathematics
• Provisional or full driver’s license
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button to submit your application. For more information view the full position description here:
Army Fuel Specialist position description