Assistant Venue Manager
The Knox Tavern at Knox City requires an assistant venue manager.
This is a unique opportunity for an industry professional who is looking for a new challenge.
What we offer,
- Challenge - We are a diversified, fast paced, ever changing business where no two days are the same.
- Opportunities - As a multi venue Group we are able to offer many unique avenues to develop your career.
- Work/Life Balance - We believe in hard work, but we believe in family and down time too.
- Great Culture - Our team is made up of down to earth, pragmatic people who enjoy what they do.
- Leadership Teams - Our management team take an active leadership role to encourage personal growth and believe in succession planning.
Working closely with the Venue manager, you will have the opportunity to shape a dynamic culture for the venue and its team in line with strategic plans. Your input will be sought in identifying areas for development. You will assist with driving the performance of the venue through achieving budgets and implementing plans in line with the business objectives.
The role will see you responsible for assisting with:
- Managing operations of food, beverage, wagering and gaming
- Rostering of staff
- Overseeing and developing our team
- Ensuring the smooth daily operations of your venue facilities
- Setting and meeting growth opportunities and targets in conjunction with the strategic plans for your venue
The qualities that we seek include:
- An ability to establish and foster professional relationships with employees and customers
- A strong customer service focus and the ability to ensure high standards of service across your venue
- Exceptional communication skills
- Able to lead, train and motivate our team
- Previous management experience with a hands-on approach
- Experience preparing effective rosters and understanding the Modern Award
- An eye for detail
- Advanced computer skills
- Professional manner and presentation
- A solid track record and experience in Hospitality Management
- A commitment to developing your skills and career
- Extensive gaming knowledge is a requirement
- Current RSA and RSG certificates are a must
- Current Victorian Gaming Licence is a requirement
- TAB basics minimal requirement
If you believe that this position suits you, please submit your cover letter and resume.