Innervate Pain Management is a well-established multidisciplinary pain clinic that provides services to patients experiencing chronic pain in the Newcastle, Hunter and Central Coast regions. The team includes: Pain Specialists; Health, Clinical and General Psychology; a Physiotherapist/Program Coordinator; Nurses; Physiotherapists; Exercise Physiologists; and a Psychiatrist. Innervate Pain Management provides a unique form of health care delivery, as we recognise that no one health discipline can adequately address the multi-factorial nature of pain, especially chronic pain. We treat the whole person with an understanding of the medical, physical and psychological. Innervate Pain Management is a Level 1 Pain Treatment Facility according to the Australian Pain Society classification.
We are looking for a health, clinical or general psychologist to work 2 -3 days per week (approximately 12 hours), to join our experienced, Newcastle based team.
About the role:
· Assess patients and determine their requirements
· Provide Individual and group education and treatment
· Be involved in group program facilitation
· Contribute to research
· Work closely and liaise with referring doctors, insurers and rehabilitation providers to accomplish therapeutic and organisational goals
· Report to the Innervate Service Director
· You will be responsible for contributing to, and maintaining, high ethical standards and maintaining evidence based practice
· You are highly motivated, and seeking to use your excellent clinical, group work, training and liaison skills
· You are reliable, enjoy autonomy and flexibility in the context of a caring and supportive interdisciplinary professional team, and are able to adapt as needed
· Your experience as a clinician includes chronic illness, biopsychosocial models, and cognitive behavioural framework models
· You are motivated by outcomes
· You have, or are willing to obtain AHPRA registration, a WorkCover approval number, and a Medicare provider number; and, have a willingness to work in accordance with Medicare, DVA, WorkCover, and other third party requirements
· You have a current NSW driver's license and transport
· A friendly, professional working environment with a highly qualified, friendly, passionate and experienced team
· Efficient practice management with reception and administrative support
· Regular supervision and professional development opportunities if needed
· Flexible days by negotiation
· Rates reflective of qualifications and experience
· This role is being offered on a part-time basis
We welcome applications from experienced psychologists; however, we will also consider applications from passionate psychologists who are starting their careers.
I am more than happy to discuss the position further and answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to contact me.
How to apply:
· Send your application to Abigail Eden via mail or email
· Your application should include: A brief response (max 2 pages) to the "ABOUT YOU" section listed above.
· Your CV.
· Three work related referees with contact details.
· Proof of Professional registration and Memberships.
Abigail Eden, Office Manager
91 Chatham Street, Broadmeadow NSW 2292
Phone: 02 4985 1***