Expression Of Interest - Grade 2 Registered Nurses - Sumner House


Job Description:

Expression of Interest – Grade 2 Registered Nurse

We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Grade 2 Registered Nurses to work in our COVID 19 Isolation and Recovery Facility (CIRF), the Respite and Recovery Facility (RRF) and mobile fever clinic for homeless people.

  • 3 positions available working 7 shifts per fortnight

About Department

The Respite and Recovery Facilities (RRF) and the COVID Isolation and Recovery Facilities (CIRF) for homeless people, include four sites in Fitzroy, East Melbourne, North Melbourne and St Kilda, with capacity to accommodate up to 73 residents.  Due to low COVID numbers, 80 % of the beds (60) at these facilities currently provide RRF for homeless people. The remaining 20% beds (13) will remain available if needed as CIRF accommodation.

About the Role

The Registered Nurse will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure a safe and restorative environment for consumers and staff, in both RRF-CIRF and the Mobile Fever Clinic. The registered nurse will provide clinical care to clients under the supervision of a the RN Grade 5 team leader

It is noted this position will be working within an evolving situation and it is recognised that duties, within scope, may need to change in response to the needs of the pandemic.

Qualifications, Skills and Experience

  • Experienced nurses interested in working with a unique model of care
  • You will have experience in an acute health environment or in a community setting.
  • An understanding of complex health and psychosocial challenges  faced by this vulnerable population
  • Be confident with your nursing assessment and care planning
  • Be flexible with a 24/7 day a week roster
  • The ability to provide a high level of clinical care to clients
  • Roles will be fixed term until the end of October 2020 (with the possibility for extension) 
  • Full orientation will be provided
  • Please check Position Description attached

Do you need to know more? Please call Darren Gaut on 0428313*** to discuss further.

To apply: please email CV and covering email to Darren Gaut on ***********@svha.org.au

Please refer to attached position descriptions for specific information on each role.

Applications by midnight Sunday 21st June 2020

At SVHM we acknowledge the importance of creating a work environment that is welcoming, safe, equitable and inclusive for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Employees and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. If you would like further information, contact our Indigenous Recruitment Coordinator through our careers page.

SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) in healthcare settings. You are therefore required to comply with the SVHA Staff Health Screening Immunisation Policy, which, depending on the role you perform in the organisation will require you to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).

All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police.

Position Description and Critical Job Demands Checklist:
Review the following documents:

JR112927_Registered Nurse G2 - Sumner House - June 2020.pdf

Contact Details:
Darren Gaut; 0428313***; ***********@svha.org.auAlternate Contact:
Closing Date:
21 June 2020 11:59pmReconciliation Action Plan:

View Reconciliation Action Plan

Code of Conduct:

View Code of Conduct  ​