Reference No : 9287
Closing Date: Wednesday 15 July, 2020
MAITLAND All Saints College
Temporary Part Time
DescriptionAll Saint's College Maitland invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced and highly motivated people for the position of temporary part time (0.2) Learning Support Teacher.
This position is available:
• Weeks 1-4, Term 3 2020. 2 days a week, to be worked on a Thursday and Friday.
• Weeks 5-10, Term 3 2020. 1 day a week to be worked on a Friday
The Learning Support Coordinator will have responsibility for the management of special needs focus programs, inclusive of gifted and talented, assistance to teachers with curriculum differentiation, supervision of support personnel as appropriate; and be able to assist schools in their professional development needs.
All Saints’ is a 7-12 Co-educational College across two campuses. As the senior campus for All Saints' College, St Mary’s Campus in Maitland caters for Year 11 and 12 students only. This means that the key focus for students is learning in a senior-only environment, which is optimal for HSC preparation.
Position Requirements• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education;
• The Learning Support Teacher works under the direction of the Learning Support Coordinator;
• Assisting with the initial identification of students with special educational needs;
• Working collaboratively with the principal, learning support coordinator, class teachers, parents and students to develop appropriate assessment strategies, identify resources and implement effective strategies to create learning and social opportunities for students with special education needs;
• Liaising with the relevant schools particularly in relation to transition periods;
• Collaboratively designing, implementing, modifying and evaluating individual Personalised Plans (PPs) with class teachers and other relevant people;
• Working collaboratively with other learning support personnel;
• Contributing to the preparation of documentation required under legislation in line with privacy and confidentiality obligations, for example, student files;
• Assisting in the preparation of funding submissions;
• Contributing to the provision of staff professional development and parent education programs.
• Willingness to fulfil the requirements of the CSO Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy.
Essential Criteria• appropriate experience and/or qualifications in Special Education;
• teaching qualifications and experience in a Secondary School;
• be appropriately qualified as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
Conditions of Employment
Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Wednesday 15 July, 2020
Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
Marc Romano (***********@mn.catholic.edu.au)
By email (preferred):
All Saints College, Maitland
16 Grant Street
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles. To apply: Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Co-College Principal – Marc Romano: ***********@mn.catholic.edu.au Applications close: Wednesday 15 July, 2020. 3pm