Kindness l Care l Respect
Aveo is seeking an experienced Maintenance Officer to join our team at Aveo Cleveland in Ormiston, QLD.
About the role & Aveo Cleveland:
- Part-time position available - 35hours per week
- Monday to Friday 7:30am to 3:00pm
- Vibrant retirement community with villas for independent living and serviced apartments
- Well-maintained facilities including - library, BBQ area, community centre, indoor & outdoor swimming pools, salon, resident bar and dining and plenty more!
- Attending various maintenance requests throughout the community to create a safe and pleasant environment for residents, visitors, staff and others
- Liaise directly with the Manager to ensure projects undertaken are safe, aesthetically compatible and timely
- Oversee maintenance work undertaken by Contractors within the community
- Maintaining the gardens and grounds, including the communal areas, and drive the community's bus (as required) to enable residents to participate in external activities
- Experience in General Maintenance and Handyman skills
- Current First Aid, CPR & Police Check certificate
- Valid driver's licence (required)
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage multi stakeholders and requests
- Previous industry and similar role experience (highly regarded)
- Relevant trade qualifications (highly regarded)
- Willingness to undertake a pre-employment medical assessment and drug & alcohol screening as part of the recruitment process
Aveo's vision is to be Australia's leading and most innovative seniors living provider. Our mission is to honour and serve our residents through Kindness, Care and Respect. Kindness, Care and Respect are our corporate values.
Aveo is a leading and trusted owner, operator and manager of retirement communities across Australia. Aveo's philosophy is underpinned by a commitment to grow with older Australians by inspiring greater living choices.
We currently and proudly do so for 13,000 residents in 94 retirement communities across Australia.
- Join a leading retirement and aged care communities operator
- Full induction and training programme
- Career growth opportunities and professional development
- Be part of a friendly and supportive team
- Aveo Benefits - access to exclusive savings on hundreds of retailers, products & services
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Exclusive Gym membership discounts across Australia
Aveo Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on our employees. We treasure skills, expertise and commitment. Our goal is to attract, develop, motivate, reward and retain the best people in the industry.
To take the next step in your career click 'Apply' to complete our online application form.
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly.