We are looking for a Project Scheduler with a background in IT to work on multiple project schedules for the IT and Retails programs of work for one of our clients.
The main tasks you will be working on day to day include;
- Interacting with project team and project managers to define scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan;
- Evaluate delivery project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas and escalate to Governance & Assurance for resolution for review and management against master schedule.
- Analyse critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around and initiate appropriate corrective action to maintain corrective data.
- Work closely with Program and Project managers to capture accurate and up to date data for project delivery.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
Experience and Qualifications;
- At least 6 months experience as a project support officer, coordinator and/or scheduler for a large multimillion IT portfolio/program of work in a large corporate or government department.
- Considerable background & knowledge of quality analysis principles and practices.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Well-developed report writing skills.
- Strong computing skills preferably with the knowledge of scheduling software applications such as MS Project and/or Primavera P6, and use of the Microsoft suite of systems.
- Ability and/or achievements to improve business processes or operations through the use of business systems/applications.
If you are interested in the role, please submit an updated resume for review.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Project Scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)
- The candidate can work permanently with no restriction on hours (Preferred)