About the company
- Contract until 1/01/2021
- $81.46 per hour + super
- Leederville Location
Karlka Recruiting Group has partnered with a State Government utility provider
to engage a Project Scheduler.
This position is located in their busy Leederville location for an initial 6 month contract.
About the Position
The project scheduler will drive the development, quality assurance and maintenance of multiple project schedules for the IT and Retail programs of work.
- Assist in defining scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan
- Evaluate delivery project schedule progress and performance
- Analyse critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around and initiate appropriate corrective action to maintain corrective data.
- For larger projects, work closely with Project Team resources to develop a tangible WBS and convert into a project schedule.
- In collaboration with change managers, support project management teams to maintain timely and effective change management processes, procedures and systems.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
Please respond with a covering letter answering:
- At least 6 months experience as a project support officer, coordinator and/or scheduler for a large multimillion IT portfolio/program of work in a large corporate or government department.
- Considerable background & knowledge of quality analysis principles and practices.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong computing skills preferably with the knowledge of scheduling software applications such as MS Project and/or Primavera P6, and use of the Microsoft suite of systems.
- This role would suit a recent graduate looking to develop experience into IT project management or governance.
How to Apply
- Have you used MS Project or Primavera P6 before?
- Can you describe the stages of a typical software development life cycle?
- Are you familiar with Agile/Devops and can you describe the process in an interview?
- Do you know the difference between a work breakdown structure and a product breakdown structure?
- Have you used any estimating techniques to produce a schedule estimate?
- Have you been employed to support a project team before (i.e. as a project support officer, project co-ordinator or project administrator?)
- Have you ever trained a business user or project support person on how to use Microsoft Project
Due date: 26/06/2020
Email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please apply through this portal. Any applications through email may be missed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussion.
Applications received after the due date
may be considered for similar roles.