Learning And Development Advisor
AngloGold Ashanti Limited (AGA) is the world's third largest gold producer with 14 operations in nine countries. This globally diverse, world-class portfolio is supported by focused exploration in the established and new gold producing regions of the world. In Australia the company operates the Sunrise Dam (100%) and Tropicana (AGA 70% and manager, Independence Group NL 30%) gold mines, which jointly account for approximately 18% of AGA’s annual production. AGA is a values-driven company and offers a working environment that allows every employee to contribute, learn and flourish.
We are now seeking a Learning and Development Advisor to join our Organisational Capability team in the Australian Regional Office (our corporate Perth CBD office).
Accountable to the Manager: Organisational Capability, this newly created role will develop, implement and facilitate programs/projects that build the capability, effectiveness and engagement of employees throughout the Australia region.
The main tasks of the role include but are not limited to:
- AGA Australia Graduate, Vacation Student and Scholarship Programme marketing, recruitment, development, implementation and continual improvement
- Design, develop and implement a variety of learning and development programs including Diversity and Inclusion Committee and Mental Health Working Group learning and development initiatives
- Contribute to the contextualisation, integration and implementation of AGA Corporate Talent, Organisational Effectiveness and HR initiatives throughout the Australia region
- Implement training solutions designed to meet stakeholder requirements
- Contribute to Organisational Capability projects such as the Chairman Young Leaders Program, mentoring programs and talent management across the region.
- Participate in the implementation of employee engagement initiatives
- Work with multiple internal and external stakeholders and apply project management principles
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated experience in human resources, organisational effectiveness, learning and development, training or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing and implementing learning and development initiatives such as graduate development programs, leadership development programs or diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications (e.g., Education, Human Resources, Organisational Development, Organisational Psychology)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (preferred but not essential)
- Understanding of employee development principles and talent management processes
- Knowledge of the principles of adult learning and training design
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple internal and external stakeholders at various levels within organisations
- Mining or related industry experience (preferred but not essential)
- Advanced skills in MS Office suite along with high attention to detail and excellent written communication skills
- Existing and ongoing permanent working rights in Australia (Mandatory)
This is a Perth based role with site travel when required.
This is an excellent opportunity which offers a competitive remuneration package, challenging work and career development prospects within a global mining company.
Please apply now including a covering letter that details your relevant background and experience to support your application.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any role advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.