As a member of the senior leadership team you will collaborate closely with your peers to drive a safety-first workplace culture. This role requires the right individual to provide strategic direction whilst also being hands on in a complex operational environment.
Key responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Partner with all areas of the business, operations, workshops and corporate to facilitate positive safety behaviours for a customer-focused business.
- Develop and implement annual HSEQ improvement plans and strategy, continuously measuring and reporting on performance
- Implement and instil best-practice systems, standards and reporting, and maintain and support bus and other industry accreditations.
- Oversee the internal and external audit schedule in a proactive manner
- Play a key role in proactively liaising and networking with external stakeholders to build brand presence and trust
What you bring
- Demonstrated HSEQ Management experience in a complex operational environment
- Development and implementation of best-practice cultural initiatives, systems and reporting mechanisms to ensure strong HSEQ performance.
- Lead roles in audits and investigations, driving future positive outcomes and continuous improvement.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the desire to work collaboratively
- Relevant qualifications in an HSEQ discipline, and in-depth knowledge of relevant legislation and standards.
The benefits for you
- Fantastic growth opportunity to make your mark in a global public transport operator
- Outstanding national and international career development opportunities
- Build on your strong leadership and business acumen
- Make a significant difference to the lives of people in the communities we serve
- Drive change, innovation and success in a future-facing company
- On site parking, flexible working opportunities and stability
Transdev is a world leader in the operation of passenger transport services. We operate in over 20 countries around the world, with 83,000 employees and manage 41,000 vehicles. We are committed to creating a safe, diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
Our values and beliefs
The work we carry out at Transdev touches the lives of our families, friends and future generations alike. Contributing to our growing, global business means you can make your mark, push boundaries and reach your maximum potential. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to reflecting the diversity of the communities we serve. We support applications from people representing all diversity groups and ages such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQ+, people with disabilities, religious beliefs, and ethnicity.