Disability Support Worker - Corio Location
Disability Support Worker - Corio
- Support our client 1:1 in their own home
- Close to home based in Corio
- Casual hours - mornings & evenings, with the view to grow!
Are you interested in making a difference in the community and supporting clients to remain in the comfort, security and familiarity of their own homes? Do you enjoy putting a smile on someone's face?
Prestige Inhome Care is a private provider of high quality home-based care services. We have established offices in Moorabbin, Camberwell, Mornington Peninsula and Geelong.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Disability Support Worker (DSW) to join our team and to work in this program on an ongoing basis.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of a DSW with Prestige Inhome Care exists to support clients with activities of daily living, light domestic duties, access to the community and respite all based around ensuring clients can live independently in their own home. Please see the below information regarding the requirements for the specific program.
- Supporting our valuable client who has had a major stroke
- Requires full ADL assistance
- Personal Care & Hygiene care - showering, grooming, dressing etc
- Hoist trained - including sling hoist transfers from the bed into wheelchair. (Two person assist)
- Catheter Trained - including emptying and removing catheter night bag
- Bowel Care
- Meal & Feeding assistance - including modified food and fluids
- Medication prompting
- General domestic assistance
This is a incredibly rewarding program to be involved in and would require someone with previous Disability Support Experience. The ideal staff member would have experience in communicating with individuals who have speech impediments, limited mobility and challenging behaviours.
Availability of shifts - Please note hours have the potential to increase for the right support worker.
- Monday 8-9.30am (1.5 hours) MORNING
- Wednesday 8-9.30am (1.5 hours) MORNING
- Thursday 8.30pm - 9.30pm (1 hour) EVENING
- Friday 8.30pm-9.30pm (1 hour) EVENING
You will also have the ability to pick up additional work in the Corio area with other surrounding clients in conjunction to this program.
To be successful for this role, you must demonstrate the following:
- Cert IV Disability or Cert III Aged Care/Individual Support
- Current driver’s licence, a reliable roadworthy vehicle and full comprehensive car insurance for transport shifts
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- Strong communication skills.
- Proactive and able to think on your feet.
- Experience working with clients who have suffered from a stroke, ABI and or have challenging behaviours is highly desirable for this position.
We understand that the quality of our services and the outcomes for our clients are only as good as the staff providing this support. If you are a dedicated Disability Support Worker who is committed to helping people live happily and safely in their homes for as long as possible, we would love to hear from you!
Please contact Jonathan Hinz on 1300 10 30 10
with questions about this opportunity.
Our recruitment process requires to you hold a clear National Crime Check. Police check outcomes are considered in accordance with applicable legislation and standards. Furthermore, all applicants must have the right to work in Australia