Desktop Support Engineer (Trade Floor / Financial Services)
Our client, a global financial services firm, has set up a new trade floor in Sydney and urgently requires an experienced Desktop Support / Client Services Engineer to join them.
We're looking for a hands-on professional who enjoys rolling up his or her sleeves and working with the global desktop services team to deliver world-class support, achieve goals, meet project deadlines and increase overall end-user satisfaction.
Reporting to and working closely with the Branch Support Lead, this position requires an individual who is motivated, energetic, and looking for a challenging environment where they can contribute their skills and gain some exposure to cutting edge technology. Technologies and hardware that are supported extensively include Windows 10, MAC OS, IPC turrets, Cisco VOIP phones, HP desktops, Lenovo Laptops, Citrix/VDI infrastructure, iPhones / iPads, Printers / MFP’s.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Daily technical support of a very active, fast-paced, high volume, diverse financial services/trading environment.
- Implement, support, and maintenance of infrastructure including all hardware, software, telephones, and IPC turrets. Setup, configure, test, manage, and support Active Directory, Print Server, BCP, Firewall / Proxy, Conference Room / AV tech, etc.
- Frontline Support for all front office & back-office applications including trading systems and market data applications such as Fidessa & Bloomberg.
- Support Firm Issued iPhones / iPads (via Mobile Iron MDM).
- MAC’s relating to hardware & software, desk moves, etc.
- Support of SCCM application deployments.
- Data Center equipment maintenance.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven ability to offer high-level desktop support in an enterprise environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and client/server technology.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 10 & Office 365.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ambitious and willing to learn new technologies.
- Scripting Knowledge (a plus but not a requirement).
- Excellent decision-making and organizational skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Willing to work off-hours and weekends as needed.
- Experience in any financial services, banking, or investment industries is advantageous.
This will be an initial ~12-month contract with likely extensions and further opportunities, and a good rate will be arranged for the successful candidate.
If this sounds like you, please APPLY NOW by sending your resume and a cover letter (in MS Word format) outlining your suitability.