Electrical Leading Hand
Defence Electrical is seeking interest from a highly motivated, experienced Leading Hand to be part of a our Sydney team.
About the Role…
Defence Electrical is currently developing a strong presence in all facets of electrical power installations and maintenance.
Our Projects Team undertake the electrical services on Medium to Large Scale Projects.
You will be required to do the following:
- Perform all electrical and associated work tasks as required by your employer in a safe, effective and productive manner.
- Actively and diligently participate in Defence Electrical productivity management processes on a daily basis and complete work sheets as required.
- Always perform work in accordance with Project Specific Risk Management Plan (PSRMP)
- Report all unsafe practices, safety hazards, injuries and incidents immediately to your Supervisor
- Ensure Defence Electrical provided tools and plant are maintained and secured at meal breaks and at completion of the work day.
- Ensure total compliance with the current site tool list and provide a list of your personal tools to your Supervisor on commencement with our company or whenever changes are made to your tool kit.
- Completing Inspection & Testing Procedures (ITP's) and Final Inspection Certificates (FIC's)
- Maintain up to date paperwork (eg. workbooks, timesheets etc), recording hours/material used for the purpose of completing Production Control Work Packs
- Maintain good communications with Leading Hands, Foreperson and other personnel at all times
- Ensure compliance to all relevant Australian Standards and ACA Standards and maintain a current personal copy of AS/NZS3000
- Maintain ongoing skills development and Electrical licencing requirements
- Ensure Isolations are conducted in accordance with Defence Electrical's Isolation procedure
- Ensure all electrical work is conducted in accordance with the Defence Electrical Uniform requirements.
- This role will be predominately Sydney based, however there may be a requirement for regional NSW works
- Overtime and After Hours works may be required
Defence Electrical specialises in Department of Defence and Aged Care. We recognise that our main asset is our people and therefore invests heavily in the development and retention of employees.
We do this by providing in-house and external training and development programs so that our employees are continually up-skilled in their respective fields of expertise.
The development of employees has allowed us to provide career planning, opportunities and promotion from within the organisation resulting in a skilled, high performing, cohesive and loyal team culture and stable workforce industrial relations. About you
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Current Unrestricted Electrical License as recognised by the State Authorities.
- Minimum 2 years on the job experience
- Ability to read electrical plans, diagrams and specifications.
- Installation, repair, removal of various electrical and electronic equipment
- Ability to read electrical plans, operate diverse power and hand tools
- Experience in wiring, lighting and assembly work
- Experience in installation of electrical switchboards, cabling trays, general power and lighting
- Test of installed cabling systems and associated equipment
- Interpretation of test results and rectification as required.
- Repairing and replacing faulty wiring, cabling and defective parts.
- Be up to date with current electrical rules and standards
- ACA Licence (preferred)
- Current CPR & LV Rescue Certificate
- Construction Industry General Safety Induction
- Current Drivers Licence
- National Police History Check (within 12 months)
- Electrical commercial construction, installation & data experience
- Well-developed time management & prioritisation abilities
- Communication - interpersonal & organisational
- Diligence to safe work practices
- Reliable and punctual attendance to work
- Contributes to achieve desired outcomes and a positive work culture
- Ability to manage a small team and arrange material take-offs, allocate labour and read and understand plans
- Ability to determine and recognise contractual scope changes from original contracts
Experience in the following would be looked upon favourably:
- Data and communication
- Dry Fire
- Aroflo Software
- Project reporting
How to Apply…
Please attach a resume and brief cover letter telling us about your previous relevant experience and why you are interested in working for Defence Electrical. We would also like you to complete as much or your previous work experience and education records as requested on the application page, this will help us assess your suitability to the role. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If you are looking for a stable career with a company that develops, values and rewards their staff, then we would like to hear from you!
by clicking on the APPLY button.
No recruitment agencies please